Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

My sohc turbo build,opinions on mods.

Old 11-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Shooting 63's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda
Default Re: My sohc turbo build,opinions on mods.

Jarred? Pm me.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

Originally Posted by idriveahonda
Jarred? Pm me.
?
Old 11-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Scratch the block guard idea. Those are no good. I plan on making at least 400whp on my built motor with no block guard and others have done it time and time again without problems. Also i agree with the others get a bigger turbo. On your motor setup i wouldn't settle for anything less than 300whp so i'd get something a little bigger.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
Scratch the block guard idea. Those are no good. I plan on making at least 400whp on my built motor with no block guard and others have done it time and time again without problems. Also i agree with the others get a bigger turbo. On your motor setup i wouldn't settle for anything less than 300whp so i'd get something a little bigger.
Well see the thing is,im sick of going motor after motor,i want any/everything i can get to make this motor survive.I guess its like wearing a dozen sweaters in the winter outside,expecting the worse to happen even if theres not even a chance for snow?Make sense? As for the turbo,a new on will come into play shortly.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

black6gen can only hope to improve
Cool Re: My sohc turbo build,opinions on mods.

+1 on a bigger turbo if u are looking for 300+ HP.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Coastal Carolina U

James93tsi has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by black6gen
+1 on a bigger turbo if u are looking for 300+ HP.
Yeah seriously...at least step it up to a 50 trim or T3/T4 setup
Old 11-24-2007, 04:45 AM
Banned

MajorsEF will become famous soon enough

block guards are dookie, dont waste your money please, i plan on making 400+. matts gonna tune it, and im damn sure not getting a block guard. but if you have to have one, some of d-series block guards restrict the flow. the lil holes all the way around are too small so you will need to drill them out a lil more.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:34 AM
Ohhh Snap

Originally Posted by MajorsEF
block guards are dookie, dont waste your money please, i plan on making 400+. matts gonna tune it, and im damn sure not getting a block guard. but if you have to have one, some of d-series block guards restrict the flow. the lil holes all the way around are too small so you will need to drill them out a lil more.
Ya i noticed that,but i mean a block guard is not a planned thing,but if i come across one for a fair price ill prolly snatch it up.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:35 AM
Registered Member

booscivic has disabled reputation

I had real good experience with them . As long u have somebody competent installing it and know what they are doing!. I used one on my old sohc turbo putting down 398whp, I had no issues with it, but remember if u use one u are going to put it on the block before the build and then have the block bored.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally Posted by madsteez
Well see the thing is,im sick of going motor after motor,i want any/everything i can get to make this motor survive.I guess its like wearing a dozen sweaters in the winter outside,expecting the worse to happen even if theres not even a chance for snow?Make sense? As for the turbo,a new on will come into play shortly.
if you are really serious about investing in this motor and making it run a long time, why halfass it with a block guard when you can just sleeve it?

Quick Reply: My sohc turbo build,opinions on mods.