Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

My sohc turbo build,opinions on mods.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
booscivic has disabled reputation
Default Re: My sohc turbo build,opinions on mods.

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
if you are really serious about investing in this motor and making it run a long time, why halfass it with a block guard when you can just sleeve it?
sleeving would definatley be safer, but I have done semi-builts and boosted many stock cars thats still running no problem. It all depends how u treat your car, keep up maintenance and how good of a tune u got. U could build it to be bomb proof and have the best tuner of the world tune it and if u drive like you are on a race on a daily baisis and beat it its going to break!
Old 11-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Bitches get Stitches

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike
Default Re: My sohc turbo build,opinions on mods.

Originally Posted by booscivic
sleeving would definatley be safer, but I have done semi-builts and boosted many stock cars thats still running no problem. It all depends how u treat your car, keep up maintenance and how good of a tune u got. U could build it to be bomb proof and have the best tuner of the world tune it and if u drive like you are on a race on a daily baisis and beat it its going to break!
obviously the life of the motor is going to be determined with how it is treated, but if you really want to build a bulletproof motor why use a blockguard when the best route is sleeving?

i probably personally wouldn't sleeve a single cam, i'd just boost it and tune it well if it was me. single cams are cheap so if I blew it up i'd just get another block.