Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Is my VTEC hooked up?

Old 04-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is my VTEC hooked up?

Originally Posted by bigbodycrx
wouldnt vtec still engage when the computer plans on it to come in. not jsut at tha flip of a switch. i did the same thing on my old crx cause i had a single cam and didnt think that vtec was working becuase i couldnt hear it. And come to find out that little extra pull at a little above 5g was it kickin in. no matter when i flipped the switch on. i dunno just my encounters with that. take the single out and get dual cam. that way you can hear it.

Well my b16 ecu isn't kicking VTEC on by itself..so i assisted it with a power probe...hahaha.....btw this thread is like 2 years old...hopefully he found out his problem?
Old 04-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Boost is Better

sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx

ok ok ok if the thing is stock and its single cam you cannot tell vtec engages. Only someone who knows what they are looking and listening for at the exact time will know if it kicked on.

Stop picking on someone just cuz he is just now learning. You guys started here one time or another and most of us (excluding all of you fags who have no life but your buddy the comp) learned by word of mouth and or just jumping in and messing around till you figured it out.

if you have an intake and exhaust it is a LITTLE more noticable on single cams. you will definately know that it does work by the sound (not so much the pull tho)

if i remember im pretty sure my z6 kicked at 5500 rpm so the y8 should be close to that also.

dont worry about all the hate on this subject some people are just dicks.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

someone told me they sell a vtec kit for my truck, where could i find it? ebay mebe?
Old 04-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

This thread is REALLY old guys.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

/close and burn?
Old 04-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Boost is Better

sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx

sorry didnt look at date on first one just the last

sorry again