Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need help....

Old 12-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these parts
Default Re: need help....

there was some kinda tube under the dash i pulled it off and air started to blow out of what the tube was attached to
Old 12-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

aacjohnc has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by slowrex
its just water and ya my rear defrost was on
should have nothin to do with your rear defrost
Old 12-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ruger988
Is your defrost on? If so then when you turn the heat on the a/c automatically kicks on so it could be the drain tube from that backed up..not as likely as the heater core but a possibility. Is it WATER or coolant?

forgot about that tube . check that too .
Old 12-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Registered Member

slowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these parts

how do u clear the tube out trying to get the small stuff done before i have to take the dash out
Old 12-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Chicken Little

ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988

Originally Posted by slowrex
there was some kinda tube under the dash i pulled it off and air started to blow out of what the tube was attached to
Originally Posted by aacjohnc
should have nothin to do with your rear defrost
Not rear defrost, your regular defrost, again, when you use defrost (front defrost as in for the windshield) your a/c compressor kicks on to take the moisture out of the air. That moisture then has to leave the car through the drain tube for the a/c. I have no idea where this would be located in your particular vehicle.

EDIT: The reason I don't think it's your heater core is because you say it's straight water, if your heater core is leaking you will leak coolant into the inside of your car. Check you coolant and make sure it' snot straight water, if it is you're going to fuck your shit up when it drops below freezing in your area...
Old 12-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

ive heard of people plugin the drain tube up and leaving the defroster on and the tube will back it self up and then unpluging it and drain the tube . not sure if that woks though or if its the proper way ....... sounds kinda ghetto to me but hey what ever .

but isnt that drain tube normally exiting somewhere to the outside of the vechilce not just dropping it in hes floorboard if it back up . doesnt make common sense to say hey if you tube backs up . you will know cause you passenger feet will be wet and like a swamp over there.

Last edited by aacjohnc; 12-11-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

i will check but its alot of water when i turn my heat on it drips alot lol.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Chicken Little

ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988

Can you see where it's dripping from? Maybe try to snap a picture where it's coming from...can't hurt.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

ya i am about to go out there and there and take a picture brb.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ruger988
Not rear defrost, your regular defrost, again, when you use defrost (front defrost as in for the windshield) your a/c compressor kicks on to take the moisture out of the air. That moisture then has to leave the car through the drain tube for the a/c. I have no idea where this would be located in your particular vehicle.

EDIT: The reason I don't think it's your heater core is because you say it's straight water, if your heater core is leaking you will leak coolant into the inside of your car. Check you coolant and make sure it' snot straight water, if it is you're going to fuck your shit up when it drops below freezing in your area...

i would check what he said first about the coolant that is true and will determine if it is the heater core casue if you do have coolant and not water in your radiator and the heater core is leaking then it will leak coolant . not water unless you have water in your radiator.then that will tell you if its the back up tube from the ac or the heater core going bad