Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need help....

Old 12-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Chicken Little

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988
Default Re: need help....

Originally Posted by aacjohnc
[/U][/B]

i would check what he said first about the coolant that is true and will determine if it is the heater core casue if you do have coolant and not water in your radiator and the heater core is leaking then it will leak coolant . not water unless you have water in your radiator.then that will tell you if its the back up tube fro mthe ac or the heater core
Could also give you a cause for the heater core being cracked...shit froze and cracked your heater core, hopefully nothing else before it started to thaw out..Hopefully not the case but a possibility.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

slowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these parts

here are some pics of where its comming from u can see some water drips

Last edited by slowrex; 05-14-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

slowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these parts

any body have any ideas about what they see in the pic
Old 12-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Chicken Little

ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988

I'm not a Honda guy so I'm not going to give you any kind of a firm answer, but you def. don't have anything to worry about heater core wise if that's all the water that you're getting.

EDIT: Is that the fan/blower motor/ whatever you want to refer to it as?
Old 12-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

i guess it is but i think thats where its comming from
Old 12-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Chicken Little

Originally Posted by slowrex
i guess it is but i think thats where its comming from
It's obvious that's where it's coming from. Given the clarity of the water it's definitely not the heater core, even if your cooling system was pure water it wouldn't be that clear. It's got something to do with your a/c system, it's backing up somewhere. Is that a wire loom or a drain hose coming off the bottom of that unit just to the left of the plug?
Old 12-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

ya its a hose
Old 12-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Chicken Little

Originally Posted by slowrex
ya its a hose
Go snatch that thing off and see if it's clogged up, or if you get a big burst of water in your face when you take it off (would mean it's clogged up somewhere down the line)
Old 12-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

i did take it off but it didnt look clogged up from what i could see
Old 12-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Banned

b16bomber b16bomber b16bomber b16bomber

mike its the heater core had to replace it on the hatch when i got it, wet ass antifreeze smelling shit, gotta remove the whole dash though , holla bro