Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need help with modding car

Old 10-18-2008, 07:26 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subiebui is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need help with modding car

i have to agree with half the people here. just save up some money while you drive your car, especially because this is your first car.. how long have you been driving? accident rates within the first year of driving is high especially with the whole cell phone craze..
save up your money and get something different to mod later. otherwise intake and exhaust should be sufficient for a little bit.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:44 AM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

dont waste your money on a Lancer ES... Its not worth it.. get a HONDA!
Old 10-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

Gixx has disabled reputation

my wife has a lancer OZ, i agree on the keep it simple and reliable until you can afford something else. but if you insist, there is some room for improvement, but it is not going to happen with the small money stuff. I like the handling balance of the car, but the power isn't really going to be noticably helped without talking about a turbo or at least cams and headwork. both are expensive.evolutionM is a good site for info, as far as a good tuner, check out road//race engineeringhttp://www.roadracemotorsports.com/s...ndex&cPath=1_4. they were doing a lot of stuff for the lancer before the EVO made it to the US.
and remember the cost of the parts doesn't include installation. if you need someone to install it for you it will be pricey as well, and unless you do know what you are doing, you can really screw up your car. just try to nail down the details and the money before you start something.

on the other hand, an intake makes the car sound nice and only costs a little.