Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need some wire tuck advie!

Old 07-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Hi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be
Default Need some wire tuck advie!

I blew my motor and im pulling it out so i thought now would be the perfect time to do up my engine bay. Wire tuck, shave and paint. The wire harness is no problem for me at all. the only things i have questions about is relocating the fuel filter, charcoal canister, and brake lines. i have been doing my research, but havent come up with any real info. I know theres some people on here that has done this before, so help me out with some tips and info. btw, the car is a 93 integra. If you'd like pictures of engine bay for better refrence, lmk. TIA!!
Old 07-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入
Default Re: Need some wire tuck advie!

I have seen people move the charcoal canister to inside the front bumper to hide it and then remote mount the fuel filter to a lower location but it makes it a pain in the ass to change out. You will have to fab up lines to make it all work of course.

Personally i would leave he charcoal canister where it is, just fab up a cover for it.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Duct tape & Zip Ties

SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO

The fuel filter u can cut the line as it comes into the bay and use a coupling to adapt a an line to it. Run that line to a online filter and ur good.
Remove the charcoal canister.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi

Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be

Originally Posted by SCREECHO
The fuel filter u can cut the line as it comes into the bay and use a coupling to adapt a an line to it. Run that line to a online filter and ur good.
Remove the charcoal canister.
yea, i figured out the fuel filter. just gona run an inline filter.
as far as removing the charcoal, will it affect anything? need to loop anything?
Old 07-24-2010, 01:12 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by Integra2Be
as far as removing the charcoal, will it affect anything? need to loop anything?
you wont have no where to keep your charcoal when you go to cookouts,...thats the only issue i see.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi

Originally Posted by nftuatn
you wont have no where to keep your charcoal when you go to cookouts,...thats the only issue i see.
hahahah. ok and +rep
Old 07-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Dont guess, diagnose

You will get some codes when you remove the system unless you have some way to disable it, standalone perhaps. Otherwise just relocate it, not hard to do and all you really need a little time and longer rubber hoses.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Hi

Originally Posted by 連続注入
You will get some codes when you remove the system unless you have some way to disable it, standalone perhaps. Otherwise just relocate it, not hard to do and all you really need a little time and longer rubber hoses.
what codes will it throw? theres no harness or anything connected to it?
Old 07-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi

if i remove the charcoal canister, can i remove the purge control and fpr control valves? or must i keep those?
Old 07-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Dont guess, diagnose

the Purge valve is on the charcoal canister. You shouldn't be messing with the fuel pressure regulator, there is no valve for it either, it is the "valve".

As far as codes I'm sure there will be emissions related, which ones I dont know. Not only that the charcoal canister keeps fuel vapors trapped there until the vehicle is running and then pulls that vapors into the engine to be used.

Quick Reply: Need some wire tuck advie!