Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

NEW CAR TURBO ADVICE AND WORK NEEDED!!

Old 03-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Azerbajan, Baku

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crazy Russian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEW CAR TURBO ADVICE AND WORK NEEDED!!

i was only plannig on spending around $1000 on only the kit. The other stuff taht will need to done i expect to be more expensive. dont worry about...I have been in the car scene before you even knew how talk! So dont bring that shit in here
Old 03-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

I've been through 3 crx's, 1 eg hatch and 2 88-91's. Always had the intentions of a motor swap or turbo.....but never found the money or the time. And those were all older cars that would have been cheaper to mod than the car you're talking about.

I finally wised up and got a 1990 Eagle Talon AWD TSi. Pretty damn fast if you ask me for how old it is. I've already ran into 2 (hope they were stock) Mustang GT's and they had nothing for me. And I'm pretty much stock save for the free mods. I'm currently running 10 pounds of boost.

After I get the boost controller I'll be able to run 16psi safely. That should be pretty fun.

I would think about what you want your end result to be before you start spending money. Civic's have a tough time off the line with high hp numbers. If you just wanna be quick on the highway from a roll that's fine, but running good 1/4 times will take some suspension work.

Good luck either way you go.................
Old 03-16-2005, 05:06 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by Crazy Russian
i was only plannig on spending around $1000 on only the kit. The other stuff taht will need to done i expect to be more expensive. dont worry about...I have been in the car scene before you even knew how talk! So dont bring that shit in here

so you have been in the car scene for at least 10 years and you are still relying on a sohc honda to make you super fast, and you are asking our help on how to do things, wow......makes alot of sense, ive been in the car scene for about 5 years and can completely tear apart my car, from frame to motor and completely rebuild it, turbo charge it, paint it and race it so with how long you have been in the car scene you should be able to cast and mold your own engine block, make your own pistons from used coke cans, grind your own cams from melted together golf clubs, but yet you ask us how to install a turbo kit...man i wish i had your knowledge.....

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 03-17-2005 at 05:56 AM.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:38 PM
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline

Originally Posted by k4ff1n3
ahh yesss i forgot..... damnit!!!

but is it really better than the funky chicken? thats a bold statement!
Trust me, I got it covered.

And in the scene for 10 years? seriously? Man. I don't feel so bad.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:18 PM
INTERNET PIMP

2.3Liter is on a distinguished road

If you really wanna mod this car i would build the motor with the 1000 that you have get some Head work done! and like a 100 shot of Nitrous since a grand will only buy you a turbo! and the kit will cost alot more total around 4 grand im guessin. and with the NItrous and head work you should walka few people
Old 03-17-2005, 03:39 AM
Azerbajan, Baku

Thanks for all advice! Bad and Good.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:45 AM
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

...I have been in the car scene before you even knew how talk! So dont bring that shit in here
if thats the case, how come u dont seem to know shit?
Old 03-17-2005, 04:43 AM
Azerbajan, Baku

Originally Posted by JDM_EF8
if thats the case, how come u dont seem to know shit?

you Mom kept me busy....so i could not go outside and play with my car.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:51 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

Damn that was pretty good, you made him look like a total idiot. I'm gonna have to remember that one, never heard a mama joke before. Dumbass
Old 03-17-2005, 06:03 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Go back to the Motherland, communist.

Quick Reply: NEW CAR TURBO ADVICE AND WORK NEEDED!!