Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

New to Hondas..need some answers!

Old 02-08-2008, 10:36 PM
braap braap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: New to Hondas..need some answers!

You want a motor that will last or a motor that will get you thru the summer?

All motor 220whp is hard to break with bseries and pump gas reliability.

B16s are fun motors, turbo them and they are even better.

What car are you looking at?
Old 02-08-2008, 11:09 PM
we PARTYIN!

1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jarrod

What car are you looking at?
not yours. jk. I like your car..

anyway,

man... I came into this thread preparing to help out.. but then realized how there is too much to explain.

www.honda-tech.com/zerosearch
Old 02-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Registered Member

95MustangGT has disabled reputation

im hopefully buying the 99 SI being sold by Limitlesstuners in NC.

I have been looking at the turbo b16s, but this will be my DD. I just wanted it to be reliable and be a little bit nasty.

What i was going to do to it was just put a new intake on it, cams and heads and bore it out. with a full exhaust set up and a tune..motor is still with amazingly low miles. 88K! Maybe 250whp was pushing it, but like i said i dont know much about hondas just trying to see the best of both worlds
Old 02-09-2008, 07:51 AM
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

Are you referring to the one with the K-swap? If so your goal won't be as hard.

There is a great thread on honda-tech, i wish i could find it. It was a guy who had built about 240 all motor and he tried many different combinations to get there. He did this with ITR bottom end, 81.5mm bore. He had all his trials and errors in that thread.....it's a great read if you are going N/A.

Otherwise, you need to do a lot of reading....sign on to honda-tech, grab a beer and have at it.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Dude save up 3 or 4k and buy a nice a/c.... p/s comp. turbo kit and get it tuned and call it a day. Going that much power on a n/a is going to net you a lot of spent cash and no power. I know other people will beg to differ but that is the way I would go. O and dont think you can push high psi with out blowing your motor but you should be fine with a good tune and around 8psi and that should get you where you want to be .
Old 02-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Team Doughboy

MuffinMan7580 is on a distinguished road

IMO the turbo motor would be more reliable. The extra wear and tear is only happening when you get into boost, plus, it would be a lot cheaper. If you went turbo (or supercharger for if you want the instant power), and I don't know for a fact, but you could probably just put the kit on and have 250ish, if you went NA, you would need a lot more trial and error, and IMO wouldn't be as reliable (aftermarket pistons change the CR, aftermarket cams sometimes need spring/retainers), louder, and possibly more expensive. And also remember, 250 hp in a honda is going to be a lot different that 250 in your 'stang.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Registered Member

CharlieBush is on a distinguished road

200+ proven allmotor gsr
Stock rods
Stock Crank
B16ctr pistons
Flat face valves
Brian crower 3/4 race All motor cam
Brian Crower Dual valve springs and titanium retainers
Adjustable cam gears
Skunk two proseries intake and 70mm throttle body
C16 for well over 230
93 for 210+
Old 03-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Team Doughboy

MuffinMan7580 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CharlieBush
200+ proven allmotor gsr
Stock rods
Stock Crank
B16ctr pistons
Flat face valves
Brian crower 3/4 race All motor cam
Brian Crower Dual valve springs and titanium retainers
Adjustable cam gears
Skunk two proseries intake and 70mm throttle body
C16 for well over 230
93 for 210+
Aftermarket pistons, valves, cams, valve springs, intake mani, cam gears, and throttle body (I'm assuming). 210hp on 93 and well over 230. Just as an example, 400-450 is reliable on a 4g63 with a gt35r, exhaust, cams, and the fuel to support it. With c16, I've ridden in a talon w/ a non-stroked 4g63 w/ over 600whp. Not trying to do any bashing here, just using it as an example. Just trying to show you the potential for the turbo car. I don't know N/A setups as well as turbo'd stuff, so I can't give you much for that.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

turbo or nothing. cus thats what your motor is gonna feel like,if you spend all those thousands of dollars,raising the compression,and building the head.

not everyone can build motors like fransisco. most people try,and only make it to 190-195 whp.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BoostLag
turbo or nothing. cus thats what your motor is gonna feel like,if you spend all those thousands of dollars,raising the compression,and building the head.

not everyone can build motors like fransisco. most people try,and only make it to 190-195 whp.

You are rediculous.

There are WAY more people than Fransisco that can build decent motors. It's really hard to take you serious when you blurt out random shit and brown nose people.

Quick Reply: New to Hondas..need some answers!