Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

New to Hondas..need some answers!

Old 03-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Flesh Into Gear.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa
Default Re: New to Hondas..need some answers!

Turbo it. You'll love it at first, then it will feel slow. So then you sell/blow that and get yourself a b18. Repeat except get a k-series and start again.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:59 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by BoostLag
turbo or nothing. cus thats what your motor is gonna feel like,if you spend all those thousands of dollars,raising the compression,and building the head.

not everyone can build motors like fransisco. most people try,and only make it to 190-195 whp.
Not bashing Fran. He's my boy and I have ALOT of respect for him.

BUT his motors are alot bigger than your average street motors. Several of my friends have made over 200 whp with B-series motors on stock bores. Plus, Fran is on race gas and has some secrets he won't share with me and my boys :P JK Franny but seriously, tell me.

B20vtec. Stock rods. 12:1 Arias pistons(84mm). Stock bottom end other than that. Ported B16 head(hand port, local porter). Skunk2 valvetrain. Skunk2 Flat faced valves. Skunk2 Stage 2s. Skunk2 Pro series manifold and 70mm T.B., ebay intake for now(no retune yet with jays racing whale dick), RC 310s, Skunk2 Composite fuel rail, walbro 255, Degreed cams with Skunk2 cam gears. ITR stock header. Thermal 3inch exhaust.

215whp and I forget torque.
About to be retuned with the DTR header. All of this is on 93 octane.

Tim's old LSVTEC. 12:1. Edelbrock cams. Hand ported b16 head. AEBS intake manifold. 65mm throttle body 205whp 93 octane. Motor still runs. It was in your old CRX Chris.

Shawn's 81.5mm gs-r. 12: wiseco pistons. Skunk2 pro 1s. stock port head. 70mm t.b. skunk2 manifold. 200 on the dot.

ITR motor. TWM 50mm ITBs(looks pretty but a manifold and tb would be better). Hondata S300. Rage replica header. Skunk2 Stage 2s- 197whp

Hell, Me and my brother almost got close to 190 on a pump gas cam'd LS motor. 188 whp on a DD car.

All motor is fun man. BUT, turbo is ALOT better. Me and Chris(boostlag) had one of the cheaper setups in this area. Both of our cars didn't look pretty once the hood was popped. Neither were tuned but both of us sucked up alot of people that we shouldn't have.

I'm going turbo but before that, I'ma put some cams in this motor and rev it.

I had a friend who made upper 180s lower 190s on a stock b20 bottom end. hand ported head(gasket matched basicly) CTR cams. Degreed. RMF header. 2.5 inch exhaust. ITR manifold. 65mm throttle body. Whale dick. Prelude 310cc injectors. Actually, the setup is on here now with a blown headgasket.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Not bashing Fran. He's my boy and I have ALOT of respect for him.

BUT his motors are alot bigger than your average street motors. Several of my friends have made over 200 whp with B-series motors on stock bores. Plus, Fran is on race gas and has some secrets he won't share with me and my boys :P JK Franny but seriously, tell me.

B20vtec. Stock rods. 12:1 Arias pistons(84mm). Stock bottom end other than that. Ported B16 head(hand port, local porter). Skunk2 valvetrain. Skunk2 Flat faced valves. Skunk2 Stage 2s. Skunk2 Pro series manifold and 70mm T.B., ebay intake for now(no retune yet with jays racing whale dick), RC 310s, Skunk2 Composite fuel rail, walbro 255, Degreed cams with Skunk2 cam gears. ITR stock header. Thermal 3inch exhaust.

215whp and I forget torque.
About to be retuned with the DTR header. All of this is on 93 octane.

Tim's old LSVTEC. 12:1. Edelbrock cams. Hand ported b16 head. AEBS intake manifold. 65mm throttle body 205whp 93 octane. Motor still runs. It was in your old CRX Chris.

Shawn's 81.5mm gs-r. 12: wiseco pistons. Skunk2 pro 1s. stock port head. 70mm t.b. skunk2 manifold. 200 on the dot.

ITR motor. TWM 50mm ITBs(looks pretty but a manifold and tb would be better). Hondata S300. Rage replica header. Skunk2 Stage 2s- 197whp

Hell, Me and my brother almost got close to 190 on a pump gas cam'd LS motor. 188 whp on a DD car.

All motor is fun man. BUT, turbo is ALOT better. Me and Chris(boostlag) had one of the cheaper setups in this area. Both of our cars didn't look pretty once the hood was popped. Neither were tuned but both of us sucked up alot of people that we shouldn't have.

I'm going turbo but before that, I'ma put some cams in this motor and rev it.

I had a friend who made upper 180s lower 190s on a stock b20 bottom end. hand ported head(gasket matched basicly) CTR cams. Degreed. RMF header. 2.5 inch exhaust. ITR manifold. 65mm throttle body. Whale dick. Prelude 310cc injectors. Actually, the setup is on here now with a blown headgasket.
the problem with N/A on a honda,is "speed" and "power is "subjective" to most builders,who dont have a big budget. All those parts you listed,are EXPENSIVE as shit,and its kind of an empty feeling IMO when you dyno the car with all those parts inside your block,and BARELY push past the 200whp mark. I took a stock LS block,with 160k miles on it,slapped a T3/T4 turbo on it,and made 203whp with a RICH,conservative tune. I drove the car around for months,and it was reliable as shit for me. Even after the fact that I beat the shit out of that car,and ran numerous people weekly.

I mean,if you are happy with a car that runs low 13s/high 12s without a DR,then by all means. But Id rather have a car,that when I feel that its not fast enough,I can add more power,to get a better result at the track. Rather than just try to put on some slicks,and rely on high ass compression to keep running the same time,without being able to break out of a certain speed/ET bracket.

just my opinion though...

haha,jarrod..you are right about having a "cheap" setup. 1700 bucks got me a turbo,manifold,wastegate,2 BOVS,piping,downpipe,and a few other pieces. It was well worth it,and I would do it again if I went back to the H world.

What are you cooking up this year man?
Old 03-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SANDOS
You are rediculous.

There are WAY more people than Fransisco that can build decent motors. It's really hard to take you serious when you blurt out random shit and brown nose people.
Seriously,I dont give a fuck what you think about me. I do not Like N/A motors,and I dont follow them in the honda world. I saw his car put down 240+whp,and thats what I thought was a respectable setup for a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder. If you want to call me a brown nose,go ahead. But its no suprise you are back once again,trying to bust my balls. Its not hard to NOT to take you serious,when you just run around the forum talking shit to people for no reason at all.

shit,and people used to tell me I was BAD at running my mouth. Negative,not as bad as you by far.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Seriously,I dont give a fuck what you think about me. I do not Like N/A motors,and I dont follow them in the honda world. I saw his car put down 240+whp,and thats what I thought was a respectable setup for a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder. If you want to call me a brown nose,go ahead. But its no suprise you are back once again,trying to bust my balls. Its not hard to NOT to take you serious,when you just run around the forum talking shit to people for no reason at all.

shit,and people used to tell me I was BAD at running my mouth. Negative,not as bad as you by far.
WTF DID YOU JUST SAY?!?!?!?

I wasn't talking shit. I was making a statement.

I go around and read your posts about different cars. Here's how they go.

Blah blah blah You should do this because I got this info off of another forum and I have yet to test it or try it out on my own. But it's cool cause so and so has a dope car though.

I don't know if you notice but all the people I randomly talk shit to are MY FRIENDS and people I know...I guess that makes me an shit talking asshole. Look back and gather some facts before you open your mouth.

Oh and before you suggest turboing the car the OP asked how to get 200-240 ALL MOTOR out of the car. How about you assist the dude in what you know about ALL MOTOR setups instead of blurting out random shit that he doesn't want to hear. Follow Jarrods post. You are so thick headed.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Originally Posted by SANDOS
WTF DID YOU JUST SAY?!?!?!?

I wasn't talking shit. I was making a statement.

I go around and read your posts about different cars. Here's how they go.

Blah blah blah You should do this because I got this info off of another forum and I have yet to test it or try it out on my own. But it's cool cause so and so has a dope car though.

I don't know if you notice but all the people I randomly talk shit to are MY FRIENDS and people I know...I guess that makes me an shit talking asshole. Look back and gather some facts before you open your mouth.

Oh and before you suggest turboing the car the OP asked how to get 200-240 ALL MOTOR out of the car. How about you assist the dude in what you know about ALL MOTOR setups instead of blurting out random shit that he doesn't want to hear. Follow Jarrods post. You are so thick headed.

Im done arguing man. you can continue to follow me around the boards,and talk as much shit as you want to. As long as you want to pick apart my character,and not take a look at yourself, to your hearts content. A "wannabe" black pot,calling a kettle black.

Theres a difference between making smart ass comments to be funny,and making snide remarks to people,and attempting to belittle them,just because. And that my friend? is what you do. Not that it really matters,but that guy that you posted the SPO about,im sure he felt offended,even if you WERENT talking to him. Why? because you live to talk shit. Plain and simple,just embrace what you embody.

I said,its NOT hard to NOT take you serious at all. Theres nothing hard about comprehending that statement.

whatever you say derrick. After you get used to talking shit for a while,it becomes second nature,and you "feel" like you arent when in fact you really are. Trust me,I know.

You go around,and read my posts,because you try to antagonize different people every week. My posts are nothing of the sort of what you "tried" to demonstrate. You cant give props to someone with out brown nosing them according to you. you cant give a suggestion for an alternate route,according to you. You have to do EVERYTHING that you give suggestions on,and have proof that it works,according to you.

Good way to be a real ******,and ruin a thread,because you like to run your mouth. This is atleast the third thread you have targeted me in,and tried to blow shit out of proportion because you think im supposed to think like you,or be like everyone else on this board. fuck outta here.

Last edited by Nigerian Hair; 03-04-2008 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:13 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Im done arguing man. you can continue to follow me around the boards,and talk as much shit as you want to. As long as you want to pick apart my character,and not take a look at yourself, to your hearts content. A "wannabe" black pot,calling a kettle black.
I honestly don't follow you around. If you look at the beginning of the thread I posted first. I was just following up on a thread that I subscribed to and you happened to post something that made no contribution to the thread at all.

Theres a difference between making smart ass comments to be funny,and making snide remarks to people,and attempting to belittle them,just because. And that my friend? is what you do. Not that it really matters,but that guy that you posted the SPO about,im sure he felt offended,even if you WERENT talking to him. Why? because you live to talk shit. Plain and simple,just embrace what you embody.
Sike. I don't live to talk shit. The people that I joke around with understand that and I have only had ONE person confront me and tell me it was a bit too much and that was Tito and I completely understand what he was talking about.

whatever you say derrick. After you get used to talking shit for a while,it becomes second nature,and you "feel" like you arent when in fact you really are. Trust me,I know.
You are the only one that gets butthurt when I say something to you. Maybe you should take the time to read and learn about the topics you discuss instead of posting what you read on other forums.

You go around,and read my posts,because you try to antagonize different people every week.
Yea..thats exactly what I do. You got me there.

My posts are nothing of the sort of what you "tried" to demonstrate. You cant give props to someone with out brown nosing them according to you.
There is no problem giving people props where its due but watching a video of a kid getting his 500+awhp EVO tuned and then turning around and saying "Terry and Jens EVO is sooo much better" is brown nosing. Now if you were to post in their eye candy thread and give them compliments that you would make more sense.

you cant give a suggestion for an alternate route,according to you.
Hmmm...lets check out what the OP wanted..

I have in mind to try to push atleast 200-240 to the wheels. ALL MOTOR.
Oh thats right he said ALL MOTOR. Not turbo. Thats exactly what I thought he said. You are a bright one aren't you?

You have to do EVERYTHING that you give suggestions on,and have proof that it works,according to you.
Why would someone want bullshit ass advice from a person that has not experienced it? Wouldn't you rather have someone that knows what they are talking about give you advice? Come on man you have to be smarter than that. Atleast a little bit.

Good way to be a real ******,and ruin a thread,because you like to run your mouth.
Im actually half ****** and half spanish but thanks for the compliment....I guess?

This is atleast the third thread you have targeted me in,and tried to blow shit out of proportion because you think im supposed to think like you,or be like everyone else on this board. fuck outta here.
It would be nice if you thought like me. I am not the only one that thinks 75% of the shit you say is crap. Anyone can read up on anything but if they haven't tried it or experienced it and know the ups and downs of what they are talking about, then their knowledge is limited and their suggestions don't mean shit.

Oh and btw I can give a shit less what you think about me and how ******ish I act and how much shit I talk. There is an ignore function on this forum for a reason. Use it sometime and quit your crying.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:39 AM
sexy party!

jester jester jester jester jester jester jester jester jester jester jester

I said,its NOT hard to NOT take you serious at all. Theres nothing hard about comprehending that statement.

You go around,and read my posts,because you try to antagonize different people every week. My posts are nothing of the sort of what you "tried" to demonstrate. You cant give props to someone with out brown nosing them according to you. you cant give a suggestion for an alternate route,according to you. You have to do EVERYTHING that you give suggestions on,and have proof that it works,according to you.

Good way to be a real ******,and ruin a thread,because you like to run your mouth. This is atleast the third thread you have targeted me in,and tried to blow shit out of proportion because you think im supposed to think like you,or be like everyone else on this board. fuck outta here.

haha, you're a whiny little girl.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:32 AM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

the problem with N/A on a honda,is "speed" and "power is "subjective" to most builders,who dont have a big budget. All those parts you listed,are EXPENSIVE as shit,and its kind of an empty feeling IMO when you dyno the car with all those parts inside your block,and BARELY push past the 200whp mark. I took a stock LS block,with 160k miles on it,slapped a T3/T4 turbo on it,and made 203whp with a RICH,conservative tune. I drove the car around for months,and it was reliable as shit for me. Even after the fact that I beat the shit out of that car,and ran numerous people weekly.

I mean,if you are happy with a car that runs low 13s/high 12s without a DR,then by all means. But Id rather have a car,that when I feel that its not fast enough,I can add more power,to get a better result at the track. Rather than just try to put on some slicks,and rely on high ass compression to keep running the same time,without being able to break out of a certain speed/ET bracket.

just my opinion though...

haha,jarrod..you are right about having a "cheap" setup. 1700 bucks got me a turbo,manifold,wastegate,2 BOVS,piping,downpipe,and a few other pieces. It was well worth it,and I would do it again if I went back to the H world.

What are you cooking up this year man?
Sad part is this:

$1700 to work with....

Wiseco 12:1 pistons w/Rings $500
Stock Rods
Stock Valves
$350 Econo Port Job
Good Valve Springs $300
Rebuild Kit $200

HP - About 200-210
Longevity - Moderate

Match it up against an equal weight 200-210 hp Turbo car, I don't even have to guess which one wins.....It's a foregone conclusion.....

Spending money wisely is the key. Know what parts you need, and what parts you don't.

Mine will have more parts, because I'm looking to get to a higher power level. Thing is, the times I'm looking for....most turbo cars won't reach....
Old 03-04-2008, 06:49 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

to the original poster, buy a car already done, call it a day.

Quick Reply: New to Hondas..need some answers!