Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

no memory

Old 04-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snarfberries has disabled reputation
Default Re: no memory

auto part stores sell this little adapter so you can add an extra ato fuse into the same fuse slot. which will allow you to now have a source of power with out having to go all the way to the battery. Show be in the fuse section.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

chowe has disabled reputation

You did check the fuse in the engine bay right?
Old 04-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

hondapwr92 has disabled reputation

yeah i check the fuse and the only way my head unit works if i put the red and yellow wire together
Old 04-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by B-Well
Honda's constant wire in the harness is a piece of sh!t. Either they burn up/out or short off of the fuse bok but in more than one case I've had to run a wire from battery to the head unit (don't forget a fuse) to keep the stations ect. Your ign wire should be just fine. Try this and post results. PM me if you have any other questions.
You're doing something wrong.
I've never had a problem with this, the current draw is very low on the constant power wire, and if you're blowing fuses you're doing something wrong. I've done hundreds of Honda/Acura head unit installs during my brief time as a car audio installer (8 or 9 years ago), and have never experienced what you're talking about.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 04-03-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by snarfberries
auto part stores sell this little adapter so you can add an extra ato fuse into the same fuse slot. which will allow you to now have a source of power with out having to go all the way to the battery. Show be in the fuse section.
Shouldn't need it if you're wiring it correctly, don't bother.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

hondapwr92 has disabled reputation

im doing it all right just honda wireing sucks ASS!!
Old 04-04-2008, 03:28 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Originally Posted by hondapwr92
if it comes on with you touch the constant and power wire on the same wire that wire is either your +12 or constant for the car. you need to get a test light and find another hot. with ignition off the wire that is hot is constant. I had the same problem in a geo storm.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:35 AM
Flesh Into Gear.

kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa

Originally Posted by chowe
You did check the fuse in the engine bay right?
+1
I never listen to the radio, just cd's and my ipod. Then I put a clock in, and it would never keep time. Everytime I started the car, the clock would be at "1:00" and it was very dim. So I could always see how long it took me to get places lol. Well it turned out to be the fuse in the engine bay, which still baffles me why they did that. Changed the fuse, fixed the problem.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:12 AM
Racetracks

Originally Posted by hondapwr92
Honda has really good wiring and excellent electrical design on their cars, so if you're having problems then you're creating them yourself.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:18 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Originally Posted by kanadaa
+1
I never listen to the radio, just cd's and my ipod. Then I put a clock in, and it would never keep time. Everytime I started the car, the clock would be at "1:00" and it was very dim. So I could always see how long it took me to get places lol. Well it turned out to be the fuse in the engine bay, which still baffles me why they did that. Changed the fuse, fixed the problem.
had the same problem as well, mine ended up being the brake lights fuse. odd.