Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Oil analysis thoughts?

Old 01-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b18b has disabled reputation
Default Re: Oil analysis thoughts?

Analysis doesn't look to bad... Metals are low which is good. Zinc n phos are about a little above average I would say than most auto store brand oils even the popular Mobil 1 so that's good. I'm all about the zinc and phos number so the higher the better for engine wear protection. These oils nowadays tend to have less. Overall not bad.

Last edited by b18b; 01-27-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:59 PM
LIKE A BOSS

jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey

try ENEOS.
pm me if you want some
Old 01-28-2010, 04:41 AM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by b18b
Analysis doesn't look to bad... Metals are low which is good. Zinc n phos are about a little above average I would say than most auto store brand oils even the popular Mobil 1 so that's good. I'm all about the zinc and phos number so the higher the better for engine wear protection. These oils nowadays tend to have less. Overall not bad.
Yeah, the Zn and phosphorus of this oil are supposed to be high specifically for those of us running flat tappets, but I'm a little miffed to see it's quite a bit lower than advertised (they advertise 1270ppm Zinc). Do you know if the zinc gets used up as you put miles on it or something?

Originally Posted by jdm monkey
try ENEOS.
pm me if you want some
I like the availability of a 0-50 for a winter weight. Do you know anything about the zinc levels of the ENEOS?
Old 01-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Registered Member

b18b has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by marlinspike
Yeah, the Zn and phosphorus of this oil are supposed to be high specifically for those of us running flat tappets, but I'm a little miffed to see it's quite a bit lower than advertised (they advertise 1270ppm Zinc). Do you know if the zinc gets used up as you put miles on it or something?

I like the availability of a 0-50 for a winter weight. Do you know anything about the zinc levels of the ENEOS?
Well that's one thing about advertising. My burger never looks like the pictures... I'm sure they try to have their numbers as close to what they advertise but so many factors play a role such as the lab's accuracy of recording the amounts, mixture of batches if you will, and like you said the loss of these components during engine use. If you are really concerned and want to find out if they hold true to the advertisement you would have to do a VOA(virgin oil analysis).