Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

oil pressure

Old 01-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: oil pressure

If it is plastic debris clogging the pickup filter, it's very possible that it's quite different in your engine (than the guy in the other forum) just because of differences in particle size, particle quantity, oil viscosity, etc. If you're finding chunks of debris in the pan I'd sure try to get rid of them. Well, and fix the problem creating the chunks of debris also.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:04 AM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Well, the upper guides are fine. Can't check the lower guides without a lot of trouble, but they never go bad on these because they sit in oil.
I looked at the filter, and those bits are definitely glue from the filter.

With no metal in the oil filter and no wear on the guides, I can't think there is anything clogging the screen. Once this rain dies down a bit I'm going to yank the cluster and look at the wiring.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:42 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Well, this time it did it only moments after start up. I started it, pressure pegged to 3, stayed there for maybe 15 seconds then slowly started to drop to 1.5. I yanked the sender cable and the gauge pegged to 3 (which is what it should do with the sender cable yanked and suggests the problem isn't the gauge).

I think tomorrow I'll get a sender from BAP Geon and see what happens.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:11 AM
ATGATT

Replaced the sender and so far so good. Cross your fingers folks.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Cool, sounds like progress.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

Awesome
Old 01-03-2011, 01:08 PM
ATGATT

I've driven ~30 miles so far without issue. Long trips, short trips, cold starts, hot starts. I'm not declaring victory until 24 hours from when I installed it though (so around noon tomorrow).