Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

OK Im thinking of a B series swap now, instead of an H22

Old 09-23-2004, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JustFloorIt has disabled reputation
Default Re: OK Im thinking of a B series swap now, instead of an H22

Thanks for the info so far: OK, so can I use all of the stuff for the swap? Can I use the b16 shift linkage? Motor mounts? Axles with half shaft? Or do I need to get new....

Runnin 13s: Thanks for the info bro!

WillysH22Accord: I was thinking of the H22, but for cost reasons, I want to get the B16. Too much fabrication, not enough aftermarket.....yet. Im 16, so cost is gonna be a factor.

Six Out 6: Thanks for thr offer man. I might hit you up sometime.

Overall, I just want to do the b16 swap, because of the simplicity. It has a nice aftermarket for the swap and everything. Also, Its pretty cheap for what it is... I plan to try and do a turbo kit myself. Can anyone recommend a decent turbo? I plan to try and get a nice AT LEAST 300 to the wheels. Can anyone reccomend a turbo that will be nice and efficient at this level. I also plan to do an intercooler.

Thanks again guys.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

Runnin13s is on a distinguished road

six out 6 just ask around im sure u will come across a bunch of people running better times than that....one that i know of is matt stickle fullinterior with Si wheels went a 13.8 ...mine with some one else driving went a 14.2 ....this kid steve witha red and black crx completely stock wenta 14.0 and he sucks at driving
Old 09-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

Runnin13s is on a distinguished road

dude im 16 myself and i have had 2 b16 crx's and i wouldnt recomend getting boosted car if it is one of ur first "fast" cars ...and 300whp isnt too hard to come by with a boosted car its all about tuning....but buy the way u said "can any one recomend a turbo...i also plan on doing an intercooler.."i dont think u fully under stand the concept of turbo ...u need alot more than just a turbo and just a intercooler and if u plan on doing a junkyard build turbo u def. want to read up more about turbo setups and see what will work and what wont also everything that swap comes with will work ..except the mounts ..i think i could be wrong
Old 09-23-2004, 12:48 PM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

I know of a good Starion intercooler for sale on here, I personally know who it originated from and can vouche for it.

Planning on 300 whp? DEEP pockets my friend. Turbo isn't bad for a first car, if it came stock turbo. Transforming a Honda motor to turbo will be quite the task for some one just getting into it. Do some N/A building on a b18 to start, it will produce more than a b16 and give you some good back ground on the motor and the mechanics.

I owned a 1989 Honda CRX HF at 16, I sold it for it being a total death trap. BUT, if I were to do it over I would have used a LS motor (b18b = tons of torque). Later I could have gone with a b16 head with maybe GSR internals, LS/V-Tec is a good combo for low and high-end power band. I'm not sure on the material used for the LS block (aluminum or cast iron) but cast iron would be the best guess for a boosted motor. The V-Tec head can be worked to flow and support the pressure. All in all, this would be the 'mut' of all motors with a little bit of everything making it a beast to be feared. Again, $0.02.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:58 PM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Originally Posted by Runnin13s
six out 6 just ask around im sure u will come across a bunch of people running better times than that....one that i know of is matt stickle fullinterior with Si wheels went a 13.8 ...mine with some one else driving went a 14.2 ....this kid steve witha red and black crx completely stock wenta 14.0 and he sucks at driving
I called my friend that had the b16 CRX and asked him about his run in it. He had some serious wheel hop off the line, I guess the cheap tires he put on, and first popped out. Later down the track, and I don't know how the fuck he messed it up, he shifted from 3rd to second then to 4th, ran a 14.7. I don't care who thinks it is BS or doesn't believe it. I drove the CRX when he had it, and yes it got up to 120 in 4th gear from the light at Ferrell and Pleasant Valley well before the over pass, I had plenty of time to slow down.. if that gives all VB'ers a good comparison.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:08 PM
l

WillsH22Accord is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by silent noise
Get a b20. Trust me, you'll love it.
yeah, or an H
Old 09-23-2004, 03:18 PM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

yeah get an h, you be spending the money on the bseries to have the same time as a stock h22
Old 09-23-2004, 03:35 PM
Registered Member

calgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond repute

Trust me, you will not reach your budget and definately won't hit 300whp any time soon. You have to remember, depending on which manifold and what size turbo you get, that you may have to get a smaller aluminum radiator, slimfit fal fan, injectors, fuel pump, and random other shit. I had a budget once, and I passed it a long time ago.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:45 PM
BOXIN YOU

gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point

h22 with tranny and shit for 1800...you would be equally fast with the h22 stock or with a b16 turboed with like 5 psi....if u did h22 turbo in a hatch, you would be fucking quick
Old 09-24-2004, 01:56 AM

JustFloorIt has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by gen4H22A
h22 with tranny and shit for 1800...you would be equally fast with the h22 stock or with a b16 turboed with like 5 psi....if u did h22 turbo in a hatch, you would be fucking quick
Im talking about a crx here, so itll prolly be a little quicker in a crx...

Quick Reply: OK Im thinking of a B series swap now, instead of an H22