Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

One Cylinder Not Firing - KA24DE

Old 12-08-2010, 04:00 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts
Default Re: One Cylinder Not Firing - KA24DE

When my KA24E was running on 3cylinders it wasn't the spark pluggs, wires, wiring, fuel rail......it was my 4th Fuel Injector closest to the firewall. I changed it n BAM!! Cars been running like a champ besides the fact that my battery died like yesturday
Old 12-08-2010, 07:26 PM
YANKYMATE!

lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft

UPDATE:

Took the whip to Duane (nftuatn) over at Affordable Automotive and, as expected, he did me right and for a killer price as well. I know where I'm taking my junk from here on out whenever I can't fix it.

I'll have to get him in here to nail down the specifics and technical stuff, but from what I understand, one of the o-rings for one of the fuel injectors wasn't seating correctly. So the injector was dumping fuel and the plug was sparking correctly, but they weren't working together.

But, of course, with any KA24DE when you fix one problem, another surfaces!

Although the car idles smoothly and starts instantly with a turn of the key, there has been a HUGE lack of power - and I mean huge! We assumed the car would gain power, if not at least keep the same, considering it was running on only 3 cylinders, but now there's a noticeable lack of 'umph'. We thought that there may have been a difference in injectors, but they were OEM before and they've been replaced with OEM.

So, once again, I turn to you VaDriven. Any ideas? Somebody get Fabrik8 in here...
Old 12-08-2010, 07:30 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

well after talking to a couple freinds...

even though it was dumping fuel at startup and idling...once under acceleration it was actually buring the fuel and also still dumping...

so in a sense it had bigger injectors in it...so were thinking it was just geting so much fuel that under acceleration it was making more power...and now with injectors working as it should its running on the fuel that the injectors are supplying instead of whats being supplied and leaking by
Old 12-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi

Originally Posted by nftuatn

even though it was dumping fuel at startup and idling...once under acceleration it was actually buring the fuel and also still dumping...

so in a sense it had bigger injectors in it...so were thinking it was just geting so much fuel that under acceleration it was making more power...and now with injectors working as it should its running on the fuel that the injectors are supplying instead of whats being supplied and leaking by
thats exactly what I told that Bag O'Dicks....but he was to busy emo flipping his J-Biebz hair
Old 12-08-2010, 07:45 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

lol...
Old 12-08-2010, 07:56 PM
YANKYMATE!

Originally Posted by nftuatn

quick response... but I figured as much. I'm happy with it just running correctly now

Originally Posted by Z33_Taxi
thats exactly what I told that Bag O'Dicks....but he was to busy emo flipping his J-Biebz hair
Old 12-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi

^^
I cant see the pic or did u not put anything...im trapped on duty with a super shitty goverment comp
Old 12-08-2010, 08:16 PM
YANKYMATE!

Originally Posted by Z33_Taxi
^^
I cant see the pic or did u not put anything...im trapped on duty with a super shitty goverment comp
Guess you'll have to wait. btw, Rick Dez and I saw a yellow 350z today right near Rick's place... you're not alone
Old 12-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Now drives a SWagon

.....damn

but did it have gears