Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Ooops!

Old 08-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Ultra Smoke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eugene has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ooops!

Originally Posted by turbo98
It's not the bottom end...it's either the valve or headgasket...I"m leaning towards the head gasket...

If it got hot enough to melt plug electrodes, its probably safe to say your rings are fried as well , especially from the results of the compression test with 0 psi in #1 cylinder. I would do a complete tear down and inspect.

Last edited by eugene; 08-28-2006 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime

your car didn't like that paintjob it just got.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:26 AM
Ultra Smoke

also , if your engine was built by JUN, they probably used a metal head gasket. Im willing to bet they did and you'll will find that its still intact.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Mad Scientist

nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire

It's not the bottom end...it's either the valve or headgasket...I"m leaning towards the head gasket...
I doubt you took out a metal head gasket. I'd say boiled the motor inside out. I'm willing to bet your head is probably warped, you toasted the rings.

Easy way to check head gasket is to check oil. If it looks like a slim fast milk shake it's possible head gasket.

I doubt valves either. you'd definatly know if you took out a valve.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

damn,that sucks..i guess thats what happens when u beat on a motor daily..even if its built.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:38 PM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

when it was my D16, i thought the same.. then when it got took apart, ended up the #3 piston was non existant and the wall was scarred
Old 08-28-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm Herpes Free!!

turbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond repute

1.5mm Power Enterprise Headgasket with arp head studs...Compression numbers last week were 125, 125, 120, 125....0, 115, 90, 95 as of yesterday and that kid is still trading me his s2k for it...it that falls through, looks like I'll be buying a new engine, but this time, I'm getting AC to work, and I'm getting the s15 sr20...
Old 08-28-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm Herpes Free!!

turbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and it burnt 2 quarts of oil in about 60 miles...smokes under acceleration and sounds like a subaru...Did I mention it hisses at me everyone once in a while? At the beginning of the gear, it will go "psh" real quick, like air or something is forcing it's way out...and it's leaking oil...so that's why I say the headgasket...
Old 08-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Ultra Smoke

[QUOTE=...and it's leaking oil...so that's why I say the headgasket...[/QUOTE]

????
Old 08-28-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm Herpes Free!!

Well, it didn't leak oil until this happened..where else could it come from unless there's a hole in the block...I've seen oil blown out of a head before...

Quick Reply: Ooops!