Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

plz help my 96 honda civic ex's starter wont work the battery is fine.

Old 12-05-2010 | 02:25 PM
Registered Member

93civicdxgreen has disabled reputation
Default Re: plz help my 96 honda civic ex's starter wont work the battery is fine.

get your alternator tested
Old 12-05-2010 | 04:13 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: plz help my 96 honda civic ex's starter wont work the battery is fine.

Originally Posted by 93civicdxgreen
get your alternator tested
will the alternator not working cause it not to start?
Old 12-05-2010 | 06:34 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by nftuatn
will the alternator not working cause it not to start?
did you read this part just asking?

k so i took out my starter and then put it back in and the car starts now but still making that high pitched noise and now my check engine light is on.... my friend says its
1. sensor circuit high voltage
2. open or short circuit condition
3. poor electrical connection
4. faulty IAT sensor
Old 12-05-2010 | 06:56 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by 93civicdxgreen
did you read this part just asking?

k so i took out my starter and then put it back in and the car starts now but still making that high pitched noise and now my check engine light is on.... my friend says its
1. sensor circuit high voltage
2. open or short circuit condition
3. poor electrical connection
4. faulty IAT sensor
a check engine light has nothing to do with the battery light that would be the alternator...and i bet money if it gets on a diagnostic machine he could figure out whats wrong...

but he wont...he will replace wires/plugs/dizzy and the iac motor and it will still do it...and i know the alternator doesnt have shit to do with it starting,..but you would be surprised as too how many idiots think since a car wont start,just cranks over that it needs an alternator..
Old 12-05-2010 | 07:15 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by nftuatn
a check engine light has nothing to do with the battery light that would be the alternator...and i bet money if it gets on a diagnostic machine he could figure out whats wrong...

but he wont...he will replace wires/plugs/dizzy and the iac motor and it will still do it...and i know the alternator doesnt have shit to do with it starting,..but you would be surprised as too how many idiots think since a car wont start,just cranks over that it needs an alternator..

not gonna disagree with that and im pretty sure you know what kind of high pitched sound alternators have when bearings go bad he also didnt say where the high pitched sound was coming from.
Old 12-08-2010 | 04:07 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by minwoo333
I tried banging on the start and it wont work and it keeps emitting a type of weird smell everytime i try to start the engine does any1 know what the reason behind this is?
I haven't read the rest of the comments but....check the ground wire on the alternator and check that the starters wires are properly plugged in. I had that prob like 2weeks ago n the wire from my starter to alternator was loose...i barely tapped it n it came unplugged.

oh and how are you sure the battery is fine if ur smelling something??

Last edited by CarShowz; 12-08-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-25-2010 | 05:31 PM
Registered Member

minwoo333 minwoo333 minwoo333 minwoo333 minwoo333 minwoo333 minwoo333 minwoo333 minwoo333 minwoo333 minwoo333

k i replaced the starter and got it solved thx for everyone's support.! ps plz close thread
Old 12-25-2010 | 07:17 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Can do. Glad it's fixed and working properly.