Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Is this possible

Old 11-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Turbo VTEC-E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black6gen can only hope to improve
Default Re: Is this possible

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Why would you want to run an AFC? Everything you need to do can be done in Crome, there is no need to compromise your tuning with an AFC. They're garbage, and are called a "hack" for a reason. Do things the right way. Anyway, about the wideband, the only way to use one with a P28 is to get an aftermarket wideband controller and connect the narrowband output from that to the P28. Quite simply, the P28 doesn't have a wideband controller built in, and the only Honda ECUs that do (like your HX ECU) haven't been hacked yet because they're so different than anything else.

I recommend spending the ~$250 for a wideband and controller, but only if you're doing your own tuning. If you're getting the car tuned somewhere on a dyno, the tuner usually has a wideband already so there isn't any need to buy one yourself. There really isn't any reason to permanently install a wideband on a stock ECU unless you like to see the air/fuel ratio yourself. The ECU gets about as much information from the narrowband output off of the aftermarket wideband controller as it does from a narrowband O2 sensor.
Thanks for the info and sorry for being so hardheaded. Now will my car nor run right with my stock wideband and a p28? If not what do i need to do wireing wise to convert to a narrow band for the p28?

Last edited by black6gen; 11-25-2006 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You're not being hardheaded, I just didn't know what info to give you until I realized what your situation is..

Yes, the P28 won't run the stock wideband, so you'll need to install a stock narrowband to use the P28. The rewiring is simple, and the changes are small.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 11-25-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

typically a majority of the people tuning crome will simply disable the stock narrowband and tune the entire part throttle map themselves. If you run crome you will not need the narrowband wired up if its disabled. Just make sure you TUNE