Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Prelude:clutch/tranny

Old 03-01-2005, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2ZZ-GEcBnBLu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prelude:clutch/tranny

I took it to Stock and Modified and they said I need a new clutch set and a new master cylinder. I hope that solves the problem. Thanks everyone for your inputs.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 2ZZ-GEcBnBLu
I took it to Stock and Modified and they said I need a new clutch set and a new master cylinder. I hope that solves the problem. Thanks everyone for your inputs.
dude wait.. just replace the master cylinder first and see if that solves the problem.. they are ripping you off most likely..

how many miles do you have on the car? you can install the clutch master cylinder yourself easily.. its not hard.. save some money lol
Old 03-01-2005, 01:37 PM
MLB! Lets GO!

Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas

if your doing the clutch master cylinder, you might as well do the slave cylinder as well.

Old 03-01-2005, 01:44 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

I didn't, but I guess it can't hurt.. most of the time the slave is fine but they are both relatively cheap..
Old 03-02-2005, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by GaRn
dude wait.. just replace the master cylinder first and see if that solves the problem.. they are ripping you off most likely..

how many miles do you have on the car? you can install the clutch master cylinder yourself easily.. its not hard.. save some money lol
I have 160,000 miles on a stock clutch, but prior to this I NEVER had slipping or Grinding, just one day it was hard to get in to gear whenever I come to a complete stop.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:23 AM
BOXIN YOU

gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point

damn thats an old old clutch...fuck it get a new one
Old 03-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Registered member

get an exedy clutch
Old 03-02-2005, 11:45 AM
BOXIN YOU

gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point

yup....i got one on ebay
Old 03-03-2005, 12:32 PM

Can I use the stock flywheel with the Exedy clutch? I have 160kmiles on the flywheel. By the way I pushed my clutch pedal by hand and I saw dark fluids. My carpet is also damp underneath the pedal. Im guessing I have a leak coming from the master cylinder.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Registered member

yup that is where it is leaking.. thats common, that is def your problem! but yea you can, you just need to get the flywheel resurfaced is all(they just kind of like polish it down real good..) most likely its still useable

Quick Reply: Prelude:clutch/tranny