Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Prelude exhaust

Old 11-29-2006, 04:04 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OneBad1.5 has disabled reputation
Default Prelude exhaust

Hey guys i was thinking about aftermarket exhaust for a 2000 prelude and im wondering if it is even going to be worth spending a lot of money on. The stock exhaust is what, 2.25? and if i go and get a full cat back 2.5 in is it even going to make that much of difference or should i just do an axle-back? Let me know what yall think, thanks!!
Old 11-29-2006, 06:30 AM
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS
Default Re: Prelude exhaust

don't expect any big gains from an exhaust on a stock motor. is it worth it? now probably not, down the road sure. friend of mine used to run an '01 lude and he said the thing that made the biggest difference was his AEM pullies. he also had good results from a fidanza flywheel. but whatever you wanna do, you gotta start somewhere. btw he went with k-teller 2.5 piping and an apex'i N1 muffler and loved it.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:03 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

exhaust is always a good upgrade!
Old 11-29-2006, 07:23 AM
Banned

Touge D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OneBad1.5
Hey guys i was thinking about aftermarket exhaust for a 2000 prelude and im wondering if it is even going to be worth spending a lot of money on. The stock exhaust is what, 2.25? and if i go and get a full cat back 2.5 in is it even going to make that much of difference or should i just do an axle-back? Let me know what yall think, thanks!!

race header, test-pipe, 2.5" .....you're set.

u got emissions?
Old 11-29-2006, 07:37 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

not in va beach.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Uh_Dave
not in va beach.
Move to Fauquier County and you can have a 3" dump out your front fender and you're good to go haha.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:26 PM
f'n bat country son!

DaLuded is a jewel in the roughDaLuded is a jewel in the roughDaLuded is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DoC-JoneS
don't expect any big gains from an exhaust on a stock motor. is it worth it? now probably not, down the road sure. friend of mine used to run an '01 lude and he said the thing that made the biggest difference was his AEM pullies. he also had good results from a fidanza flywheel. but whatever you wanna do, you gotta start somewhere. btw he went with k-teller 2.5 piping and an apex'i N1 muffler and loved it.
If youre talking about me Doc, the only time I used Kteller was for 3 inch piping and the N1 muffler from when I was boosted. Pre-boost it was just an Apexi N1 catback exhaust wise. As of now the prelude has DC header, high flow cat, and greddy EVO 2 catback. I can't say how much this would help you out because my prelude is setup quite a bit different than a stock '00 prelude because it has a JDM H22a with an F22 tranny. However, what he said about the pullies is right... they were the best bang for the buck on the car because they were uber cheap and had a pretty noticable gain.

Last edited by DaLuded; 11-29-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DaLuded
If youre talking about me Doc, the only time I used Kteller was for 3 inch piping and the N1 muffler from when I was boosted. Pre-boost it was just an Apexi N1 catback exhaust wise. As of now the prelude has DC header, high flow cat, and greddy EVO 2 catback. I can't say how much this would help you out because my prelude is setup quite a bit different than a stock '00 prelude because it has a JDM H22a with an F22 tranny. However, what he said about the pullies is right... they were the best bang for the buck on the car because they were uber cheap and had a pretty noticable gain.

how are you liking that F22 drivetrain
Old 11-30-2006, 03:19 PM
f'n bat country son!

DaLuded is a jewel in the roughDaLuded is a jewel in the roughDaLuded is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Touge D
how are you liking that F22 drivetrain
I've got to rev the hell out of it to keep it in vtec between shifts. Otherwise I love it because the car stays in its powerband longer (i.e 2nd gear tops out at over 70 before shifting to third) I think Dave is the only other person on this board that has ridden in it with its current setup and its a night and day difference over a stock 5th gen.

Last edited by DaLuded; 11-30-2006 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Chris I hate you! Yes that is a very nice set up. Killed me in my da I miss you *****! Cal lme bitch!

Quick Reply: Prelude exhaust