Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Problems after manual conversion

Old 05-21-2007, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s c o t t can only hope to improve
Default Re: Problems after manual conversion

Granted some of your info was helpful but the way it was delivered was unneeded. Also the fill plug is on the side of the trans above the axle. And once again answers should stay on topic. Comments about someones mechanical experience has nothing to do with the topic. By the way tell your/my kids that I said it is OK to play in the yard since Im never coming back to their mom ever again!

Sorry I get the last word on this one chump since this is the end of this post!!
Old 05-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

Ea4glesClaw63 has a reputation beyond reputeEa4glesClaw63 has a reputation beyond reputeEa4glesClaw63 has a reputation beyond reputeEa4glesClaw63 has a reputation beyond reputeEa4glesClaw63 has a reputation beyond reputeEa4glesClaw63 has a reputation beyond reputeEa4glesClaw63 has a reputation beyond reputeEa4glesClaw63 has a reputation beyond reputeEa4glesClaw63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s c o t t
Hey guys maybe you can help me out. First I converted a 95 hatch from auto to a manual using a CX trans. I used some delsol shift linkage and clutch pedal with master cylinder. I had to cut and re-weld the linkage for proper positioning. The problems that I have are that the engine is sitting uneven. It is sitting higher on the side where the trans mount is. I bought a new mount from Napa because my auto mount wouldn't work. Also I hear a noise from the trans (like a grinding noise) when accelerating. I think it may have to do with the engine alignment. Also I literally had to force the mount into place on the frame rail. Is there a special mount I am supposed to use? Also is there maybe something I am missing as far as the swap goes? How do I do away with the neutral safety switch? How do I wire in the clutch inhibit switch and the back-up light switch? Any help would me appreciated.

Scott

Also, one more thing, I have an open hole in the top of the trans where something is supposed to screw into. I dont know what it is but it spits oil out while driving.
LOL! Sorry for laughing but I just thought it was funny when I read the problems and solutions to overcome these issues. Anyways you should of done more research before doing this conversion.. you might have already caused some harm to the vehicle driving it in the condition its in. I do give you props for having the balls to try to work on it your own though. The reason you motor isnt sitting in right is because you need a AUTO TO MANUAL CONVERSION MOUNT for the tranny side. All other mounts will work fine. And the shift linkage fits in perfectly in its stock form. I did this conversion on a civic several years ago and a company called "Place Racing" sold this mount but I dont know if they're still in business. Dont drive the car anymore and look for this mount online.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Banned

cpakc1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by s c o t t
Granted some of your info was helpful but the way it was delivered was unneeded. Also the fill plug is on the side of the trans above the axle. And once again answers should stay on topic. Comments about someones mechanical experience has nothing to do with the topic. By the way tell your/my kids that I said it is OK to play in the yard since Im never coming back to their mom ever again!

Sorry I get the last word on this one chump since this is the end of this post!!

jesus says you fail.

/life