Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Problems with maxima starting

Old 07-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road
Default Problems with maxima starting

Need some Nissan advice.
I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima 3.5ltr. 90,000 miles. I have never had any trouble getting the car to start. My buddy yesterday backed into my car and busted the foglight and minor scratches. NOTHING BIG.

I get in my car later that evening and try to start it. The engine turns over and over but never fire's. As I turn ignition switch to the start position, I do notice that the security light illuminates and does not go off.

We have tried kiling the power to the car for several minutes, but no change. Is it possible where he hit it. It may have an inertia switch or maybe locked security due to the jar to the car? Anyone who may have any experience in this area please help.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:06 AM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Problems with maxima starting

it should be either in the trunk or behind either kick panels...probably a fuel cut off switch..should be a red button..
Old 07-25-2010, 11:08 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Take it to Tech Talk, I doubt anyone here will be able to diagnose your issue. Take the car to a dealer or mechanic you trust and if you're gonna get buttrammed then file a claim, not a cool thing to have to do to a buddy, but neither is hitting your car.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:10 AM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

well google says there is no fuel switch...so maybe not...

if they security light flashes...try using the key in the pass door or trunk and turn both ways...

then see if it starts
Old 07-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Registered Member

Thank you for the bit of advice. I did take this issue to tech talk and the only response I got was "now the car is totaled and you should buy a RWD next time"
Old 07-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

I tried the key in the driver door, but i have not tried the trunk. Those are the only two lock cylinders on the car. Thank you also for the advice.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:19 AM
baller/dickbutt#69

sounds like the "alarm" is on...try the trunk..some of these new cars either use the pass lock or trunk lock to bypass the security system..
Old 07-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Quick Image

AceTransAm02 will become famous soon enoughAceTransAm02 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Turblowedneon
My buddy yesterday backed into my car and busted the foglight and minor scratches. NOTHING BIG.
My bad dude......My bad
Old 07-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Quick Image

AceTransAm02 will become famous soon enoughAceTransAm02 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
Take it to Tech Talk, I doubt anyone here will be able to diagnose your issue. Take the car to a dealer or mechanic you trust and if you're gonna get buttrammed then file a claim, not a cool thing to have to do to a buddy, but neither is hitting your car.
Getting buttrammed doesnt knock the fog light out............ and no worries paying for it isnt an issue...Hes just trying to see if we can get it started first. I have every intention of funding his car being fixed wether we fix it or we have to tow it or whatever.........Just Saying...

Last edited by AceTransAm02; 07-25-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:51 PM
vaginadriven.com

Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch

Originally Posted by AceTransAm02
Getting buttrammed doesnt knock the fog light out............ and no worries paying for it isnt an issue...Hes just trying to see if we can get it started first. I have every intention of funding his car being fixed wether we fix it or we have to tow it or whatever.........Just Saying...
Men drivers... geez! =)

Quick Reply: Problems with maxima starting