Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Problems with my Integra starting.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:04 AM
БЛЯДЬ!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG
Default Re: Problems with my Integra starting.

Originally Posted by Delta Charlie
It actually doesn't make a noise at all when turned to the start position. It took a minute and a bit of a slow roll start to get it to kick but I got it started and took it out for a hour drive tonight. Once warmed up I stopped for food and it started back up fine this time around.
Pretty sure it's the battery. Cold weather fucks it all up. Had that happen to me with my old Integra and bought an Optima yellow top and never again.
I even had that battery checked at Auto Zone and it was saying that everything was fine. Changed it to the yellow top and cleaned the ground that goes from the tranny to the bay and it was good to go.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:05 AM
DGAF

Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie

Awesome. I am going to go ahead and put a new one in it tomorrow, hope it works. Thanks dude
Old 01-04-2011, 12:07 AM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG

Actually my Integra is doing the same thing right now but it's not as bad as yours as I'm able to start up the car. But it's sluggish as hell in the AM but if I drive it around and start it again it's all good.

good luck
Old 01-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Can we please stop the BS about cold damaging batteries? Cold just slows the chemical reaction down, so if you're having problems starting in the cold it's because your battery is already weak or damaged and the cold is just making things worse. Virginia winter temperatures aren't very cold, so if you're having battery-related starting problems then you need a new battery because it's on its way out anyway.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:23 AM
DGAF

Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie

I didn't think it was my battery though because once it does crank, it isn't super delayed or slow. Batter tested out OK today anyways, I am leaning towards the ignition switch or a starter issue at this point.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Oh hey

TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr

....? Have you tried any of the troubleshooting tips on the first page??? Really, if you cant do this sort of stuff, take it to a shop... $300-$500 to have them test your charging system and replace your (more than likely) bad starter. If it's an electrical connection problem, it'll be cheaper/more expensive depending on how nasty it is...

You can literally reach into the hood and see if the connections to the starter are tight... and you can see most of the wires...
Old 01-04-2011, 11:20 AM
DGAF

I have to wait til tomorrow for the auto shop to open here on post before I have access to a voltmeter. Gonna dig into it tomorrow night for sure. The connections are tight on the starter though, that was one of the first things I went over when it started doing it. The car does have 134k on it, probably time for a new starter regardless to be honest.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:46 AM
GT-Four Guy

Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze

Why do you have to go to an autoshop? you can get a cheapy volt meter for 10 bucks and if you work on your car or radio you'll likely use this and be happy you have one.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:50 AM
DGAF

Originally Posted by Letze
Why do you have to go to an autoshop? you can get a cheapy volt meter for 10 bucks and if you work on your car or radio you'll likely use this and be happy you have one.
Because down here I have no tools, no place to work on my car, and IMO $4 is worth a warm work bay and all the tools I need.