Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

proper way to upload ROMs

Old 10-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt
Default Re: proper way to upload ROMs

i know... i was hoping i could learn on turboedit and then convert to obd1 and maybe do a mini-me swap...

im just trying to grasp the theory behind it and hopefully teach myself how to tune... would you recommend chrome or turboedit to learn on?
Old 10-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

NEW INFO!!!

Doh! I was using v2.5.5! I downloaded 3.1.9 but now im having trouble patching TurboEdit to the newest version... i think vista hates it... it keeps saying: "Error... permission denied."
Old 10-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

Kickass! Okay, so 3.1.9 is alot newer looking... no wonder i was so confused... it has specific options in it allowing me to select com ports and emulators (I selected Ostrich)... so hopefully when i get back to my dorm i can hook it up to my ecu and the ostrich and see if anything happens!

I think i remember reading somewhere what in order to upload a bin to your ecu it needs to be plugged into your car and the key in the power on/engine off position... shue? fabrik8? any input?
Old 10-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I've never used an Ostrich emulator, sorry.. I'm no help with that. We had seriously high end stuff at my work that I would borrow, so I haven't used much of the stuff on the market. That and it's been a good 5 years since I've even looked at TurboEdit. All the stuff we make at my current company is flash programmable and supports real time calibration, so none of that stuff is needed. I'm out of the Honda game for the most part, except for sentimental reasons.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 10-23-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

Whelp... I think I finally got it all sorted out...

So now that I can load my .bin files to Ostrich... I need to hook up my HondaLog (solder it onto my ecu and figure out that stuff) and get my lc-1 installed...

also, does anyone know how to disable their ELD? i have a 1990 crx dx in case that helps?
Old 10-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

okay... i got everything hooked up and my HondaLog soldered into slots 1-4... however, im guessing that my ecu has to be plugged into the car and the car warmed up and running before i can sync HondaLog.exe to my ecu?