Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

pt cruiser idle problem

Old 06-13-2004, 03:20 PM
THE FIASCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blasko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: pt cruiser idle problem

wow. i am impressed. i took off my intake and looked into the throttlebody. the damn bitch was black. so i cleaned her. i cleaned up a few sensors and my intake and some other stuff and put it back together. im amazed at how much of a difference it made. my car now chirps 2nd again. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY

thanks guys.
Old 06-13-2004, 05:32 PM
757 to NoVA

sonic_va is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by E36DJ
Damn thats a lot of miles..
Now I don't feels so bad about my 23k miles in my '03 6. Of course I don't have any trophies though.
Old 06-13-2004, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

Swampdonky has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by blasko
wow. i am impressed. i took off my intake and looked into the throttlebody. the damn bitch was black. so i cleaned her. i cleaned up a few sensors and my intake and some other stuff and put it back together. im amazed at how much of a difference it made. my car now chirps 2nd again. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY

thanks guys.
hehe congratz!!! i knew that was the problem
Old 06-14-2004, 05:07 AM
THE FIASCO

well everything was fine. i went ou last night and had no problems at all. i went to eat out in williamsburg, when i was leaving the restraunt i started the car and its happening al over again? i havent had a chance to look indside again but what can cause it to happen so guick?
Old 06-14-2004, 05:32 AM
Banned

c1t1d1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does yours have a throttle control sensor, it tells how much to oepn the throttlebody. I have a explorer sports track that was doing the same thing and when iw as at a light in gear with the brake on it would either idle low or rev by it self, made me almost hit the guy in front of me. They replaced it and had to end up replaceing the distributer plugs and wires and has been good since, they had to reaplace the rest casue it casued a chain reaction.But if the dealership caught the problem earlier it would have just been the throttle control sensor. Not sure if Pt crusiers have that.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:43 AM
Registered Member

Swampdonky has disabled reputation

well everything was fine. i went ou last night and had no problems at all. i went to eat out in williamsburg, when i was leaving the restraunt i started the car and its happening al over again? i havent had a chance to look indside again but what can cause it to happen so guick?
hmmmm........call the exorcist? sorry man im outa ideas
Old 06-27-2004, 05:37 PM

sohcvtec has disabled reputation

ive got a 2003 pt cruiser, 2.4 DOHC 16 valve. 4 cyl , automatic. 33,000 miles on the car.

when i start the car and put it into reverse it idles bad and sometimes shuts off. also at red lights the RPMs fluctuate a lot and it has shut off several times at red lights.

i have changed plugs and wires numerous times. the coil pack is fine. fuel filter is fine. my guess is the injectors? i want another opinion beofre i go ripping it apart to clean them.

its under warranty still. every dealership i take it too says nothing is wrong with the car. they keep telling me that they drove it and nothing was wrong. they also said that if somehting was wront the check engine light would be on. they hooked up a code scanner and nothing was wrong.
these guys at garages are techs, not mechanics. and it sucks becuase somehting is clearly wrong with the car.

im open to any syggestions.
hey dude !i gotta eurathane xenon front bumper made for your car if your interested was gonna use it not anymore..no rips or damage ill sell for cheap...
Old 06-28-2004, 05:19 AM
THE FIASCO

Originally Posted by sohcvtec
hey dude !i gotta eurathane xenon front bumper made for your car if your interested was gonna use it not anymore..no rips or damage ill sell for cheap...
hell yea, i was actually loooking at tyhem right now when i got this email . which one is it? where are you ? is it painted? are there holes form a liscense plate bracket? PM my white ass
Old 06-28-2004, 07:47 PM
TRBO-ESI

iatotofts has disabled reputation

have you checked all your vacuum lines and such, I know that it may not be that, but I always say start cheap before you go spending the big bucks..
-just some guy-
Old 06-29-2004, 08:53 PM

D_C_4 has disabled reputation

im not too sure but it sounds like your main relay is faulty....its been really hot these days and what happens is your main relay solder connections dry up giving you a bad connection which inturn doesnt allow the fuel pump to pump fuel into your engine(reason for your stalls). my suggestion would be to replace your main relay, or resolder the connections.

heres a way to check this....after a nice long drive around 12-3ish pm when its hot. start your pt but not turning over the engine. make sure u have all accessories(radio) off and listen for the fuel pump to prime the engine. if u dont hear it its most likely the main relay

Quick Reply: pt cruiser idle problem