Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Question for you ROTARY nuts

Old 02-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Super Secret Agent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer
Default Re: Question for you ROTARY nuts

So far this guy hasn't gotten back to me yet, so I'm still waiting on that . Basically I've always loved Rx7's and have finally bullied myself into getting one. I'll definitely hit you up on IM later.

Thanks for the info guys.

Last edited by Archer; 02-04-2005 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

you know what, if that IS really a series 5 turbo II then it would probably be worth it, but you gotta know what you're looking at. there are a lot of things about rotaries that are hard to catch or seem like nothing to those who are used to piston engines. i know a guy around here who is the godfather of rotaries. he taught autodemics all they know (one of the best rotary performance shops around VA). his name is david bunting, if u ever have a question, this guy knows the answer. hit me up if u want his number
Old 02-05-2005, 08:53 AM
Super Secret Agent

Ok thanks, right now I'm going to concentrate on selling my BMW, finding a decent TurboII (because it seems like this seller is not responding any longer) and learning more about rotaries.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Super Secret Agent

Also if any of you can point me to a good site to find some TII's for sale that'd be awesome. I'm not having luck finding many. Basically I'm ready to buy one right now for ~5kish. I'll have money to mod it after my e30 sells.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

hmm try fc3s.org, rx7club.com maybe u cna find some for sale on there. it's tough to find decent turbo IIs for sale around here, i got lucky (in a way), but i dunno about ebaying a car, i got a neighbor who has bought 8 cars off ebay and he's happy, but i dont trust it cuz i dont get to see the car before i go retrieve it in like texas or something. there's really no definitive place to find turbo IIs for sale, i know quite a few other turbo II owners i chill with sometimes. next time i see them, i'll try to ask them.

i dunno if u know this but 2nd gen rx7s are known for these problems
-engine flooding with fuel from secondary fuel injectors
-water pumps screwing up
-factory apex seals failing after 100K miles
-coolant seals blowing
-rough idling (due to secondary fuel injectors)
-factory exhaust system rusting to hell

i just wanted to let u know what you're getting yourself into... these cars are pains in the ass but if u can deal with it, they're well worth it. if you know what you're doing, you can dominate. there's nothing comparable to being thrown back in your seat from hittin 0 to 60 in 4 seconds.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by P-Money
Is your paint and interior as in good of condition as that one?

People catch deals sometimes. I've seen S5 TIIs go for more, I've seen them go for way less. Just basic economics, supply and demand. Its a nice car.

oh yeah, i forgot to respond to you. yeah, my interior is in mint condition... as for my paint it's very good, but not as good... it's the rims & tires that came with the car that got me. 17" BBS & p6000 pirelli's. i get more compliments for the rims than i do for the car or it's speed, lol. those tires are $300 each, at least from what i've seen.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Super Secret Agent

Damn man, I can't believe you got that thing for 3,500. I want one BAD.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

don't go thinkin im that lucky... the engine went. it will be rebuilt before spring break. im looking at 2500 if no parts went bad... bout 3500 if they did. see, i was lucky to get a car like that for 3500 but the car decided to go on me. it went while i was going 25mph. gay huh? but rotary engine can be unpredictable, i dealt with them everyday for a year straight before i got mine. my little bro bought his first car which was a '86 n/a rx7. i talked him into it. his engine needs a rebuild soon (and a new waterpump). dude, theres really no way to know the wear on those seals in these engines, so be careful. and truthfully dogging your engine doesnt do much to these seals as some would think. if anyone wants to say otherwise to me, then they can argue with me on AIM, cuz i know im gonna have to break down all this rotary tech crap to prove myself.

hey, when u get your turbo II, you owe me a race. you should have one by the time mine's fixed. i love racing other turbo IIs. my turbo II pushes about 300 at 8psi. Oh yeah, and which reminds me about what you should plan on looking at if u get a turbo II and intend on modding it... run it rich and at low boost. that's recommended for rotary engines.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Super Secret Agent

Definitely man. It's gonna take me a while to find one that I like, and then a little while to get a few goodies into it. After that I'll be more than happy to have a little race action