Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Radiator Blew

Old 04-28-2007, 06:02 AM
やくざに成りたい

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
atmdc has disabled reputation
Default Re: Radiator Blew

i had 2 radiators bust at the seals and pour coolant all over the ground. they were both new radiators from auto zone too. so after the second one i made them give me a bit of a better one and its worked fine since. I think the problem was because I forgot to bleed the system for air the other times...
Old 04-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Registered member

driveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond repute

Fixed it! Checked it this morning and it was the seals on the top of the radiator, all the hoses were good. Went to auto zone and got a new radiator ($90) with a lifetime warranty, coolant, and tranny fluid. Replaced the old radiator and the fluid then ran it until the system aired out and topped it off then waited until the fan cut on just to make sure all was good. Car is running fine and at temp again! Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

FocusTunr has disabled reputation

tht happened to my radiator too. the plastic right at the top.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:01 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

This sounds odd, but change your radiator cap too. A faulty cap can cause you to leak out fluid and go through this entire deal again.