Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Recommended HID's

Old 04-11-2012, 05:21 AM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Recommended HID's

Originally Posted by laserspeeddemon
I've always bought Sharp HID. Dude's name is Sharp, based out of Cali. HID kits starts at $50 and have a life time warranty and the ACTUALLY honor them.

I know because I've had 2 sets go out. One on my old Civic, one on the Sonata.

www.sharphid.com
So they're cheap crap, you've already had two of them fail because they're cheap crap, and you're still recommending them?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Registered Member

laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts

The ones for the Sonata were installed in 2007 and the bulbs went out early this year. So about 4 years worth of use before going out. The fogs for them are still runnin strong after almost 5 years. The Civic had a high-lo controller issue and died after only about a year of use; a lot sooner then I would expect them to die. But both were replaced free of charge. I simply had to pay to ship the failed parts back.

So I'd contine to buy them.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:19 AM
Registered member

kmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these parts

You're going to blind everybody because your housings are made for halogens, not HIDs.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:44 PM
All Gold Everything

Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James

I see you said you've had a ddm tuning hid kitand it sucked. I've had my ddm tuning kit for 3 years with out a single problem. What bulbs were you using? Pm me if you're interested in a retrofit set i have done a few.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:53 PM
mytinycar

tsiguy has disabled reputation

I just failed a state inspection due to my HIDS. I have Philips h11 on my 2005 GTO and it passed last year with the exception that they needed to be adjusted, and now this year same bulbs same inspection shop and I fail. They didn't even register on the machine they use to measure the light pattern but they are way brighter than the stock bulbs (6000k hids) so I am going back to stock bulbs to pass. I don't know how they even knew it needed to be adjusted last year if they dont trigger the machine, I guess they got me...
Old 05-16-2012, 01:36 PM
supermoto or bust

Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones

I've ran ddm's for the past three years with no problems. Never seen any issues personally with them.I've also had no troubles with inspection either.