Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Remote for Viper Alarm 791vx

Old 12-01-2007, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
myst is a jewel in the roughmyst is a jewel in the roughmyst is a jewel in the roughmyst is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Remote for Viper Alarm 791vx

I did an auto learn and i'm hitting the aux. button twice to remote start it.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:53 AM

myst is a jewel in the roughmyst is a jewel in the roughmyst is a jewel in the roughmyst is a jewel in the rough

just tried lock and unlock and that did the same thing. the remote starts the car, beeps to confirm then the car shuts off.

Last edited by myst; 12-01-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:55 AM

It does have an e-brake switch. But it wouldn't attempt to start it if it wasn't recognizing that the e-brake was up, right?
Old 12-01-2007, 08:40 AM

Just incase anyone has the same problem I did someone on Honda-Tech helped me, here's what he said:

Originally Posted by CivicPride97
ok this is what you do, go online to directed electronics where viper is made from and print out the installation guide for your 791xv.....trust me i work at a circuit city installation bay and do alarms and remote starts on a day to day basis. After you find the installation guide go to the channels. as a matter of fact just do this......make sure you have the valet button and can see the led. turn your key to the on position and then back off. as soon as you do that press and hold the valet button. Its going to chirp once and keep holding the button. it will chirp twice and still dont let go of the button until it chirps three times. after that press the valet button two times and on the third time press and hold it. Now get your remote and press the unlock button but dont let go of the valet button. after you press the unlock button on the remote the alarm should chirp. after that you can let go of the valet button put the key back in the ignition cylinder turn to the on position and then back. Now the alarm should have chirped again but it will be like a confirmation chirp. now it should remote start no problem......hope this helps!!!
Old 12-01-2007, 08:41 AM

And it worked!
Old 12-01-2007, 07:33 PM

Now, when I start the car with the new remote I hear a relay or something clicking every 3-5 seconds. When I start the car with the old remote there is no clicking. My parking lights aren't flashing when I start the car with either remote.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:35 PM
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

its not a relay, its the brain box itself sending a 12 volt signal to the parking light wire (red/black, above the fuse box or dkp) why its not lighting them up can be a few different things. jumper may be in the wrong position, tap may have came loose, or you may have de-programed the feature, the only way i know to test it is by putting a voltage meter to the parking light wire or test light and wait for that "clicking" noise to see if your getting power.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:39 AM

Okay I just noticed something that I had not noticed before when I remote start my car with my old remote that parking lights stay solid and when I remote start my car with the new remote the the parking lights flash.

How do I change this?

Before I didn't notice that the new remote was making the lights flash that's what the relay is that's clicking, but I was starting it from inside my car and didn't notice.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

that is also just a setting. it is in the manual.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:27 PM

My question is how do I distinguish between the first remote and the new remote?

Quick Reply: Remote for Viper Alarm 791vx