Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Replacing my rotors.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:06 PM
throwbAcura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22
Default Re: Replacing my rotors.

Seriously, slotted is a huge waste of money. It costs more and it wears your pads more quickly. With zero performance advantages during even the hardest street driving.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:11 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

Originally Posted by Corbzin
So its a horrible modding decision because I wanted slotted rotors? Well I guess its not just me. Cause a shit load of people over at s2ki have slotted and drilled.

And I'm a vendor because I sell hids and numerous other parts. No I don't sell ebay kits. Cause I wouldn't offer a lifetime warranty with them.
s2k owners ovbiously arent the smartest, you being one of them, look at s2kitt, prime example of a retard

Originally Posted by dave22
Seriously, slotted is a huge waste of money. It costs more and it wears your pads more quickly. With zero performance advantages during even the hardest street driving.
THIS
Old 11-28-2009, 07:11 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by dave22
Dave is right Corbin. Slotted rotors are a waste of money. They wear the pads a lot quicker too. I've never really been a fan of them. The only thing I'll buy for my brakes, are brake lines and a better pad material. Save your money corbin and put it into something else.

But, if your stuck on wanting to put them on and decide you can't. Give me a shout, I'll do the install for a minimal fee. lol.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:34 AM

MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN

Brembo "blanks", Hawk hp plus pads, braided lines, and good fluid! done...
Old 11-28-2009, 09:58 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Originally Posted by slammedNsloLS
Brembo "blanks", Hawk hp plus pads, braided lines, and good fluid! done...
i cannot strees that enough
Old 11-28-2009, 10:12 AM
DITB-AHHH

Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts

Alright, ill get the blanks, now will this take care of my squealing problem?
they squeak every now and then when i brake softly. when i brake hard they dont do it.
Already replaced my front and back pads with hawk plus pads i think?

Tried cleaning them it wnt do it for a while after that, then itll start up again after about a day or 2.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:19 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

Originally Posted by Corbzin
Alright, ill get the blanks, now will this take care of my squealing problem?
they squeak every now and then when i brake softly. when i brake hard they dont do it.
Already replaced my front and back pads with hawk plus pads i think?

Tried cleaning them it wnt do it for a while after that, then itll start up again after about a day or 2.

hawk pad's squeak, its not un common, ive heard them on alot of diffrent cars, all squeaked, you trade some noise for some great stopping power.

next step, DRIVE THE FUCKING CAR
Old 11-28-2009, 11:22 AM
DITB-AHHH

Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 93sr-5ftw
hawk pad's squeak, its not un common, ive heard them on alot of diffrent cars, all squeaked, you trade some noise for some great stopping power.

next step, DRIVE THE FUCKING CAR
Ok, well which pads dont squeak?
Cause that shits not working for me.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:32 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

stock pads, i think alot of "performace" pads will make noise, due to their construction

what are your plans for this thing anyways?
Old 11-28-2009, 11:42 AM
DITB-AHHH

as of right now im not sure about the entire car. i may just lower it on rs and add spacers and be done.

Quick Reply: Replacing my rotors.