Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Rims on 240sx

Old 01-19-2007, 12:41 PM
throwbAcura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22
Default Re: Rims on 240sx

Off topic, but:
Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
It's shit like this that makes me wonder why anyone would want to swap out a pignose front end.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:01 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Originally Posted by dave22
Off topic, but:It's shit like this that makes me wonder why anyone would want to swap out a pignose front end.
I know, I love the pignose front ends...but the Type X front end looks so damn good too, haha...but it costs like 6-700 dollars.

RougeWolf240...here are some resonably priced wheels that would fit well on the car - these are 16X7s +0, I'd prefer bigger personally, but they should fit well if you can't find anything else these would at least look good:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AE86-...spagenameZWDVW

These are 5 lug:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rota-...QQcmdZViewItem

As are these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-x-...QQcmdZViewItem

You can get a 5 lug conversion for 450, or order about 250 dollars worth or spacers and get spacer converted 5 lug, but it will make these wheels (and the ones above) stick out further then your fender, so you'll need to pull the fenders...it will look good though:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-x-...QQcmdZViewItem

These are availble in 4 lug...they are Work S1 knock offs, 17x8.5 +20 is the offset and width you'd want:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-x-...QQcmdZViewItem

I have been curious to see how their new sizes look on 240s because their original size was 17X7.5 +25 and they did not look good, these should look way better.

Anyway, I can show you some wheels other then Rotas if you like, but those are going to be the most cost effective.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:12 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

look at rbmotoring, don't be cheap and buy shitty wheels. I'd rather have a used pair of high quality wheels than a new pair of shit wheels. Expect to spend 800-1200 (and can go much higher) for some 17s with a good offset of used wheels.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:28 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Rotas arn't shit wheels...they make affordable well constructed wheels. They are cheap beacuse they are not imported, there is a US manufacturing plant, as well as one in the Phillipenes and the UK. Rota makes OEM wheels for Mercadies as well as Toyota and a lot of other car companies...there was a thread on here earlier today about it. People need to stop spreading hear say about crap other people say because they are pissed they spend too much on wheels.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

i don't like rotas because they are a complete knock off of all other wheels companies. Not 1 design is their own style, they are all duplicated of nice wheels and generally offer shitty sizes/widths and even worse offsets.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:04 AM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

People need to stop spreading hear say about crap other people say
This is confusing coming from someone who just did that exact thing here:
They are cheap beacuse they are not imported, there is a US manufacturing plant, as well as one in ... the UK.
And here:
Rota makes OEM wheels for Mercadies
All false. I don't mean to bring this thread off topic but before you come to Rota's defense maybe you should check the validity of what you may have read or heard.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:41 AM
I Roll Fenders

The last quote you have of me is from Grassroots Motorsports. The second quote is an inferance I made off of their website, upon a second reviewing there is not a manufacturing plant in the US, but some designing that takes place in the US and UK. And I think if people want to argue about this more all they need to do is make a SPO thread rather then have 8 threads scattered around drag.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Registered member

philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville

Originally Posted by Spindrift187

Thats a 15'' rim with a 0 offset, tires are 205/55, a better fit would have been 195/55 or 195/50. But after adjusting the front camber and rolling the fender lip they fit much better.
i know this is off topic, but who bought this car? i thought it was sexy but i didn't have enough $$$
Old 01-20-2007, 07:35 PM
CFC

KoukiMonster KoukiMonster KoukiMonster KoukiMonster KoukiMonster KoukiMonster KoukiMonster KoukiMonster KoukiMonster KoukiMonster KoukiMonster

well lookin at rotas im likin the D2s
Old 01-20-2007, 11:43 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by waterispoison
i know this is off topic, but who bought this car? i thought it was sexy but i didn't have enough $$$
cat named Ryan, he just recently slapped a T25 setup on it too. Made some pretty decent numbers tonight.

Quick Reply: Rims on 240sx