Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Rough running... Need help... (vtak inside)

Old 08-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Rough running... Need help... (vtak inside)

As posted in another thread...

Specs. 98 Honda d16z6 boosted 7psi on a p28

I got in it yesterday morning and everything was fine... Hit the on ramp coming off of Elm and got on the throttle a lil to get in front of a dumptruck in the lane nearest to the on ramp and it pulled fine... Kept cruising up the interstate bout 60 and got to the bridge at the top of the hill before the exit for Valley View and it just acted like it ran out of gas... Acted like it was missing and carrying on and lost all power... I managed to get it into Valley View Grande parking lot... I thought it may have been the fuel filter or plugs so I changed those out there... Sooo... After all this I've gotten a new fuel filter, plugs, checked plug wires (which are new), checked dizzy, blew the fuel pump out, put seafoam in the tank, put fresh gas in, checked vac (20-23psi), replaced vac purge b/c it was broken, and I've checked a few other things... Still lost... I've had a couple people look at it since it broke down and no one knows... Maybe FMU? Fuel pump seems to be workin ok... Fuel pressure regulator? Bout to go pull the FMIC and see if its stopped up like a couple owners ago said it may be... I dunno...

Last edited by Cyanide Jello; 08-12-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

Mindless is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rough running... Need help... (vtak inside)

So what exactly is it doing now that you changed all that stuff?
Old 08-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Same thing as before... Nothing has changed... Still running like crap... I have a really low idle and I have to bump the gas over and over to get the rpms to go up...

Edit: Just checked my FPR and when I pulled the vac line off the idle got better which was odd...

I also can hear a hissing noise like a vac leak around my FMU... So thats what I'm leaning towards now...

Last edited by Cyanide Jello; 08-12-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

Done a compression test?
Old 08-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Negative... Like I said though, I was driving and then it just lost all power... I can't imagine just losing compression in an instant unless I was doggin it... I don't have any oil loss... Minimal smoke... No milkshake in my oil...
Old 08-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Negative... Like I said though, I was driving and then it just lost all power... I can't imagine just losing compression in an instant unless I was doggin it... I don't have any oil loss... Minimal smoke... No milkshake in my oil...
Well I would still perform a comp test or, better yet, a leakdown test. You could have busted your ringlands, you are on a FMU after all.

No codes either huh?
Old 08-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Yea dumbass before me pulled the bulb... I fixed that last night... Yea, I'm throwin a check engine light... No way to take it anywhere to get em to read it though...

If I had those testing devices I'd check it out but I don't have either tester...

Add replace FPR to my list...
Old 08-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Bump
Old 08-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Bump for needin help
Old 08-12-2009, 07:29 PM
wtb scoobie snacks

musicmaniac is on a distinguished road

bad map sensor maybe?

Quick Reply: Rough running... Need help... (vtak inside)