Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Rough running... Need help... (vtak inside)

Old 09-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: Rough running... Need help... (vtak inside)

Yea, its a silverish lookin deal...

Yea, its a pop... Its not rapid... Its just a steady pop...

I'm running just 3" straight pipe dumped after the passenger door... Yea, its stupid loud...

Timing light is on my list of tools I still have yet to get...

I'll get it eventually... My shit is usually on point... I've been workin on cars for a while... Its just the whole turbo thing thats got me messed up b/c this is my first turbo car... Let alone it being a Honda... I've been in domestic land for a while and basically all I did was slam/bag shit and throw some bondo at it... This is a little more technical and I seem to enjoy it when its not giving me a headache...
Old 09-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Yea, its a silverish lookin deal...

Yea, its a pop... Its not rapid... Its just a steady pop...

I'm running just 3" straight pipe dumped after the passenger door... Yea, its stupid loud...

Timing light is on my list of tools I still have yet to get...

I'll get it eventually... My shit is usually on point... I've been workin on cars for a while... Its just the whole turbo thing thats got me messed up b/c this is my first turbo car... Let alone it being a Honda... I've been in domestic land for a while and basically all I did was slam/bag shit and throw some bondo at it... This is a little more technical and I seem to enjoy it when its not giving me a headache...
Yes, he has a missing link. I saw it the other day. Is the pop on deceleration? That'll definately be normal since you have no back preasure, you should look into a muffler of some sort. Back preasure is needed with a smaller turbo. Both of my timing lights are at Darell's I'll get one over to you soon.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by bluesrt2004
Yes, he has a missing link. I saw it the other day. Is the pop on deceleration? That'll definately be normal since you have no back preasure, you should look into a muffler of some sort. Back preasure is needed with a smaller turbo. Both of my timing lights are at Darell's I'll get one over to you soon.
I would if I could figure out how to get the 3" over the "axle"... I'm partial to not seeing exhaust though... I hate seeing exhaust tips... Truth be told, I was actually thinking bout downsizing my exhaust to 2.5" till I'm running more boost which won't be for a while...

I do have popping on deceleration but I have sparatic popping at idle as well... Theres no rythmn to it... The only thing I can correlate w/ it is engine temp...
Old 11-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Banned

civickid03 has disabled reputation

check and see if there is any play in ur dizzy rotor...happened on my car and was throwing the timing off...it can both advance or retard timing depending on the centrifugal force on the rotor

when cold honda ecus run extra ignition advance - id put my money on an ignition problem (the most common problem w/hondas)

http://www.4secondsflat.com/Spark_plug_reading.html

check ur plugs and use htis resource to adjust ur ign timing
Old 11-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by civickid03
check and see if there is any play in ur dizzy rotor...happened on my car and was throwing the timing off...it can both advance or retard timing depending on the centrifugal force on the rotor

when cold honda ecus run extra ignition advance - id put my money on an ignition problem (the most common problem w/hondas)

http://www.4secondsflat.com/Spark_plug_reading.html

check ur plugs and use htis resource to adjust ur ign timing
Thanks for the advice...
Old 11-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Banned

civickid03 has disabled reputation

np
Old 12-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Out of curiosity did you check the wiring colors at the IAT? I've seen people plug some stuff up weird before, like IAT to knock and vice versa, even though it only being one wire....

Also seen them plug the purge valve in to random shit over there too, but that I recall(it's been about 5 years or better since I had my ek...and it was far from stock) the purge is on the charcoal canister next to the battery tray, and a diff plug.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Out of curiosity did you check the wiring colors at the IAT? I've seen people plug some stuff up weird before, like IAT to knock and vice versa, even though it only being one wire....

Also seen them plug the purge valve in to random shit over there too, but that I recall(it's been about 5 years or better since I had my ek...and it was far from stock) the purge is on the charcoal canister next to the battery tray, and a diff plug.
Solved this issue months ago... It was a wire, cut and stripped coming from the main relay to the fuel pump... Had a hit on checkin some grounds so I ripped my interior out and saw the stripped wire... It was stripped by a pair of strippers... I'm unsure why, but its fixed now...