Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

s10 383 stroker project

Old 09-05-2009, 03:41 AM
can u catch me?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DRAY has disabled reputation
Default Re: s10 383 stroker project

Originally Posted by daboi40
yeah. i do want the plug n play. but according to some people in my other thread a sbc dime is for fags.... wait til i'm done.

i believe the lt1 did have votech heads. but the heads for the genI sbc are different. it's not an lt1. just the same style "hybrid" motor. if i just use an actual lt1 intake it's gonna need mods done to the distributor housing, egr blocked off, and bolt holes need to be modded.

hahahaha a sbc dime for a fag lol thats funny your other forum is just jelous.

im glad to see you know what direction your going in and that youve done your research, or you already know about sbc/lt1s.

and another question for you is that didnt the lt1s dizzy mount to the front of the engine and run off of the cam gear/timig chain assembly?
and wouldnt that mean that the weiand lt1 tpi manifold wouldnt have an area for the dizzy at the back of the motor as the sbc does?

im not tryin to tell you it wont work im just tryin to learn a lil more about this swap b/c i am going to do another s10 swap when i get my mustang done.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Fighterer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abysalone will become famous soon enough
Default Re: s10 383 stroker project

If its a 70's block then it should be the old style Lt1, not the newer one from the 90's. I believe they were used mostly in corvettes. Elongate a few intake bolt holes and you can use Vortec heads.