Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

s13 battery relocation problem, power staying on

Old 12-03-2008, 01:54 PM
psycho jungle cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift
Default Re: s13 battery relocation problem, power staying on

did you do anything for the starter? I cant remember if I did something different on mine or if i missed it on your link but I ran a separate power wire for the starter through a distributiion block. I also had the ground from the intake mani to the frame rail.

***If this makes no sense or im missing the point again please disregard im rambling on rum***
Old 12-04-2008, 05:30 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Originally Posted by Spindrift
did you do anything for the starter? I cant remember if I did something different on mine or if i missed it on your link but I ran a separate power wire for the starter through a distributiion block. I also had the ground from the intake mani to the frame rail.

***If this makes no sense or im missing the point again please disregard im rambling on rum***
I used the starter, alt wires that came off the lower harness.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Fitty Tuckin

Got the car started.

I had the two wires for the auto to manual swap wrong. There are two plugs that look the same with two wires coming out. I had the wrong plug and I fixed this. Car started with no problem

I am still having the power problem though. So when I tried to turn the car off, it wouldn't shut off with the key out of the ignition. Had to disconnect the CAS for the car to shut off.

My lights, windows, headlights all stay on even with the key out. So I took the turbo timer out of the equation and layed it on the floor. Disconnected the engine harness from the chassis connection and dash connection. Turn the key on and off and the power still stays on.

Tried another ignition cylinder (where the key goes in) and still the same problem. There is a black/white wire that is the ON wire. If I ground this wire then the power will turn off. Could it be a bad relay? If so where is it at?
Old 12-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Did the car work properly before you relocated the battery? If you're trying to troubleshoot the swap wiring at the same time as the battery, you're not doing yourself any favors. I still think it's most likely not the battery relocation. You could still be missing a ground under the hood though. Looking at the relocation threads on some other forums, there doesn't sound like there is anything other than the battery negative on that one cable, so you've likely got a problem somewhere else.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Fitty Tuckin

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Did the car work properly before you relocated the battery? If you're trying to troubleshoot the swap wiring at the same time as the battery, you're not doing yourself any favors. I still think it's most likely not the battery relocation. You could still be missing a ground under the hood though. Looking at the relocation threads on some other forums, there doesn't sound like there is anything other than the battery negative on that one cable, so you've likely got a problem somewhere else.
I never started the car before the swap. It has been sitting since 2001. I pushed the car into the garage and started doing the swap.

I don't think it's the engine harness, because the car fires with no problem. I am going to take the dash out and check all wiring. I found nuts in the engine bay so maybe a mouse did some damage. Plus like you said maybe there is a ground somewhere missing.

I don't think its the battery relocation either.