Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

skunk2 (intake manifold + throttle body)

Old 06-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RPRacing has disabled reputation
Default Re: skunk2 (intake manifold + throttle body)

when modding a car, you need to pick some goals:

1-Budget Goal - How much do you have to work with or plan on spending. This needs to include tax where applicable, parts, labor, and fluids, everything. This will limit how fast you go and how much power you will make.

2- Peak Power Goal - How much power/torque do you want to make? Do you just want to make 20more HP than stock? Do you want to be able to make at least 200.01 HP? This will need a fairly open budget. or at least one that is able to support the appropriate mods.

3 - Performance goal - how do you want it to perform? Do you want to be able to get on an auto X or road course and whoop ass? do you want to get on a drag strip and run 12s? Do you want to be able to drive this car daily for the next 2 years with no serious maintenance? This will potentially limit your peak power goal.

All of these factors come into place when doing a performance build or even just a couple mods to your car to increase performance. You cant just get trendy parts and expect to make 10hp from them. or "feel"
a power increase.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:37 AM
Registered Member

starcraftbw has disabled reputation

^^^I have about 2.5k to spend for parts and all i want is ~190whp. Reliable so I dont have to spend much time for my car... what should i do first.... I have the whole Tanabe cat-back exhaust....

Last edited by starcraftbw; 06-19-2007 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:56 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Whats a mendalion?
Old 06-19-2007, 07:02 AM
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline

Originally Posted by starcraftbw
^^^I have about 2.5k to spend for parts and all i want is ~190whp. Reliable so I dont have to spend much time for my car... what should i do first.... I have the whole Tanabe cat-back exhaust....
just grab an intake, header and exhaust then. tweak anything else and you're playing with reliability...and cost.

ps hondata
Old 06-19-2007, 07:03 AM
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline

Originally Posted by RPRacing
when modding a car, you need to pick some goals:

1-Budget Goal - How much do you have to work with or plan on spending. This needs to include tax where applicable, parts, labor, and fluids, everything. This will limit how fast you go and how much power you will make.

2- Peak Power Goal - How much power/torque do you want to make? Do you just want to make 20more HP than stock? Do you want to be able to make at least 200.01 HP? This will need a fairly open budget. or at least one that is able to support the appropriate mods.

3 - Performance goal - how do you want it to perform? Do you want to be able to get on an auto X or road course and whoop ass? do you want to get on a drag strip and run 12s? Do you want to be able to drive this car daily for the next 2 years with no serious maintenance? This will potentially limit your peak power goal.

All of these factors come into place when doing a performance build or even just a couple mods to your car to increase performance. You cant just get trendy parts and expect to make 10hp from them. or "feel"
a power increase.
I picked... D. all of the above.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Registered Member

starcraftbw has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Whats a mendalion?
yeah...
Old 06-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Uno Mas

p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone

Originally Posted by Jarrod

And last but certainly not least. Get a tune. You can tune your stock motor right now and make more gains over putting all that stuff on it and not getting tuned.
Originally Posted by onebadk1tty
hondata
Agreed 100%. Even with the minor bolt-ons, a good tune will increase power and make the car run better (and healthier) to accomplish your low-maintenance, daily driver goals.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1

I saw a basically stock b16 make 155whp ( intake manifold) and Hondata S100. It made 135-7 on the stock ECU.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1

Originally Posted by onebadk1tty
I picked... D. all of the above.
WARNING!!!! Package "D" includes a primer paint set-up...

Dan

Last edited by accuracy1; 06-19-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

haha

Quick Reply: skunk2 (intake manifold + throttle body)