Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Spark Plugs and my RX 7

Old 02-21-2011, 03:31 AM
management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom
Default Re: Spark Plugs and my RX 7

Originally Posted by captaininsano91
the old plugs just looked like it was running realll lean
really? i was always under the impression that white plugs = lean, black = rich and brown-ish = normal/ideal wear
Old 02-21-2011, 03:58 AM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

Originally Posted by captaininsano91
the old plugs just looked like it was running realll lean
You have to take into account that the flash brings out the white. Looks like a tiny bit of oil buildup, but it's a Wankel-dankel, burning oil is it's religion from birth.

starfox: I'm almost sure it's the gap, but I'm hanging in to see if that is for sure. A larger gap NORMALLY makes a conventional engine idle smoother (.042-.048) and sacrifice spark efficiency up top. The same applies with the rotaRRRRRRRRRy, but that .056 sounds WAY to fat. Tat motor normally likes a lower gap (.030-.035) especially the older they get. The guys running more boost normally drop a little lower then that (.020-.027, depending on their setup).

Last edited by FObangah; 02-21-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

26 posts have been removed, keep it on topic...
Old 02-21-2011, 01:01 PM
NotAcOp:)

BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux

It was actually adjustments I needed to do to the TPS and Idle screw. Going to fix some timing issues once I get this thing i need.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:53 AM

BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux

Well we figured out an even bigger problem... This is prob why I cannot pass emmissions. The o2 sensor is only hooked up to the wideband and not the ecu...... facepalm. Going to trouble shoot it on friday and check the solenoids also. Hope this all works out. I will keep yall posted
Old 02-24-2011, 02:31 PM

LOL hey Nashatch nice neg rep ummm unless that wasnt you... but I just bought the car at the end of january... I am doing up keep now ololol ol

"Thread: Spark Plugs and my RX 7

fucking idiot, try doing some Up keep on your car-Nasthatch"
Old 02-24-2011, 06:54 PM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

He's wittier than that. Someone must be but hurt because of him negging them.

So any verdict?
Old 02-24-2011, 06:57 PM

Find out the verdict tomorrow. It appears my entire day opened up so I will be there at 930am ... once we make sure everything works I am going to get it emmissioned again. Hopefully my car will run better. Here is a clip I took at Tacobell..... sounds bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVAOkSVBAV4
Old 02-24-2011, 07:23 PM
SPARKLEmotion

I can't tell much from the video, but I'm sure the sputtering is from the tacobell.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:45 PM

LOL i know what you mean its hitting me hard tonight lol.... I have to take off that after market ...cluster cover thingy.... its messin with all my stuff exp my gas... i will sit at full for 150 miles then by 200 empty

Quick Reply: Spark Plugs and my RX 7