Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

spun bearing question

Old 12-24-2008, 08:09 PM
︻╦╤─

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk
Default Re: spun bearing question

Originally Posted by 2kSi
Am not home and usin my phone and its hard to type complete words!!!! And I never had never had the experience of a spun bearin and heard lots of ppl on here went through it and wonderin if anybody can tell when it starts and the syptoms and what cause it in the first place. Thanks for your advice but calling name keep it else where...
I -could- get into name calling, but haven't. Being ignorant is a state of behavior/attitude, not a "name" or at least it wasn't in the context in which I used it. I'm not too accustomed to being told how to type, so keep that elsewhere. Though the phone excuse is classic.

That all being said. Enjoy the situation, I'm going to practice keeping my proverbial mouth shout from here on out.

As to not having ever experienced rod knock, that's nice? Unsure how to respond to that, as I know I for one did not assume you had - thus my sharing of information concerning spun bearings and how to detect it. I would seriously advise against driving it if you suspect rod knock/spun bearing, in case you're still driving it (many do unfortunately creating a situation worse than what they could have gotten off with). <-- this paragraph added for Christmas spirit purposes.