Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

spun rod?? wanna help?

Old 12-11-2005, 07:25 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy
Default spun rod?? wanna help?

Car: 1998 civic ex, d16y8
story:
i was noticing that i didn't get the same power from 5500-7000rpms, so i didn't 2nd to 7k and then 3rd to 7k, it felt really week. so i did third again and this time it wouldn't go passed 6250 and then my lights dimmed, my radio shut off (or dimmed i don't remember), i thought the negative part of the battery was loose so i fliped my power locks and it was still working. so i thought it was my alternator. so i pulled to the side of the road(empty road on military base not in publice road) and let it idle for a sec to let it cool down, it almost died, it kept dimming everything then going to normal. so i shut it off and gave it about a minute or two. then i started it again and started hearing a metal "thud" noise, so i looked under the hood and everything looked good, nothing was loose or anything. so i got back in the car and drove my gf home, it kept making the noise, the "thud" intervals were shorter as the RPMs rose, so it started sounding like a prop plane. i got it home and its sitting in my garage, i looked and there was a thing layer of oil on the oil pan. the "thud" sounds like its coming from the bottom. the engine and oil lights are NOT on. and it makes the noise in nuetral

problem:
spun rod? blow gasket?

im pretty embarassed..... help!
Old 12-11-2005, 07:35 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: spun rod?? wanna help?

When you say it sounds like a prop-plane.. Does it get louder and louder as it goes up in rpms?

My friends D16y8 motor spun a bearing, but ran fine still..

I don't understand your desription of the oil. Can you retry?
Old 12-12-2005, 07:21 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by shy_guy98ex
Car: 1998 civic ex, d16y8
story:
i was noticing that i didn't get the same power from 5500-7000rpms, so i didn't 2nd to 7k and then 3rd to 7k, it felt really week. so i did third again and this time it wouldn't go passed 6250 and then my lights dimmed, my radio shut off (or dimmed i don't remember), i thought the negative part of the battery was loose so i fliped my power locks and it was still working. so i thought it was my alternator. so i pulled to the side of the road(empty road on military base not in publice road) and let it idle for a sec to let it cool down, it almost died, it kept dimming everything then going to normal. so i shut it off and gave it about a minute or two. then i started it again and started hearing a metal "thud" noise, so i looked under the hood and everything looked good, nothing was loose or anything. so i got back in the car and drove my gf home, it kept making the noise, the "thud" intervals were shorter as the RPMs rose, so it started sounding like a prop plane. i got it home and its sitting in my garage, i looked and there was a thing layer of oil on the oil pan. the "thud" sounds like its coming from the bottom. the engine and oil lights are NOT on. and it makes the noise in nuetral

problem:
spun rod? blow gasket?

im pretty embarassed..... help!
bring the car to me and ill fix it!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:21 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

da dut tsss..
Old 12-12-2005, 11:50 AM

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

the oil pan just kinda has oil running down it. and it doesn't get louder, it just gets faster.

instead of thud, thud, thud it goes to

thud, thud, thud, thud, thud, thud, thud
Old 12-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

yeah you probably spun a bearing, it's only gonna get worse. get it looked at by someone who knows what they are looking at ASAP, and STOP running the car now to keep further damage from happening.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:29 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
yeah you probably spun a bearing, it's only gonna get worse. get it looked at by someone who knows what they are looking at ASAP, and STOP running the car now to keep further damage from happening.
I wanted to say that, but I didn't wanna misinform him.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:57 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by CHAHONDA
bring the car to me and ill fix it!
ill say it again!
Old 12-14-2005, 04:57 PM

yeah i stopped driving it the night it happened, i got it home and its been sitting in the same place ever since.

chahonda where you at? how much??
Old 12-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

he's in portsmouth. i'll vouch for him, he does damn good work! cheap and fast!.

Quick Reply: spun rod?? wanna help?