Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

sr20det sputtering under raised boost level

Old 02-28-2006, 02:45 PM
totalled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bad02noma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: sr20det sputtering under raised boost level

for plugs run the ngk bkr7e. they are one step colder than the stock bkr6e.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Owner

allmotorSOHC has disabled reputation

check your a/f. you're too rich. i bet it hiccups like crazy till it get full boost towards the upper rpm range huh.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:10 PM
<3's Photography

240dreams has disabled reputation

I'm running the NGK Iridiums available at www.splparts.com. It's found at "engine" then hit "other engine parts." I gapped them to about .030 and I don't have any upper RPM problems. NGK BKR7E's are practically the same but they're copper. Copper or Iridium? You choose.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:42 PM
WIKAP WIKAP PLBTTTTT

eeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to all

I run BKR7E gapped to 0.028. Copper is fine, just change often. I have several laying around if you need some plugs in a hurry. I'm just down the street from you.

So, you have the bigger fuel filter and pump. If new plugs don't fix the problem, you may be running out of injector. It's rare to see it on a t25 SR but, the MAF is only good for about 260whp and you may be hitting that limit with the Mine's ECU.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:49 PM
<3's Photography

240dreams has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by eeterp
I run BKR7E gapped to 0.028. Copper is fine, just change often. I have several laying around if you need some plugs in a hurry. I'm just down the street from you.

So, you have the bigger fuel filter and pump. If new plugs don't fix the problem, you may be running out of injector. It's rare to see it on a t25 SR but, the MAF is only good for about 260whp and you may be hitting that limit with the Mine's ECU.
Hitting the MAF limit at 100% airflow is like a rev limiter. I've hit it a few times on cold Winter nights according to my SAFC.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

youre getting some misinformation in this thread.

my suggestions from experience.

change your plugs gapped to .035 with models listed above whatever ngk 7's are. bkr7e or some shit. we keep those in deep stock here at the shop.

its a fuel pump that is either failing, installed without a filter and clogged or a clogged fuel filter up front. Unless a "larger" fuel filter is the same price as a drop in S chassis filter i wouldnt do it. Ive run many a 300rwhp SR20 setups with stock fuel filters.

I personally think its the pump. I've had several walbro's fail on me. call me at the shop if you need further diagnosis or bring it by the shop for a simple checkup.

check your closed throttle tps voltage and ensure its withing FSM specs. not that it has anything to do with your current issue, it helps driveability as well as the larger gapped plugs. Theres no reason a stock coilpacked SR cant fire off a combustion process in a setup under 300 hp.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:41 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by eeterp

this makes some sense, because it damn sure didn't have this problem before the mine's ecu, and under all circumstances other than 14+lbs it runs beautifully. but it's a fairly intermittent problem... actually i'll pay better attention but i think it may only happen when it's cold, because it felt pretty good today, and it was about 10 degrees or so warmer than yesterday when it started acting up. the ecu is supposedly tuned for my exact setup, but coming from japan they run higher octane, so... stay tuned... tomorrow i replace the plugs (considering they have some in stock at advance, if not i'll be trying to contact you ) and the fuel filter.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

advance wont have the plugs in the heat range you need.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:53 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Greaser
advance wont have the plugs in the heat range you need.
i was afraid of that... ma-motorsports is supposedly about 20 minutes away, i may have to take a trip there tomorrow ( i kinda wanted to swing by there before i left this area anyway). but if not... jeremy check your pms in about two minutes .
Old 03-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

slivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually Advance does. I bought mine there, well atleast the one here in charlottesville does.

Quick Reply: sr20det sputtering under raised boost level