Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Starter blues

Old 12-18-2010, 12:27 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Starter blues

If you want Richard just call me and ill explain some stuff.....7578703103
Old 12-18-2010, 12:33 PM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Originally Posted by marlinspike
Are you positive? Because it's a huge pain in the ass to do it and I don't want to take it out unless you're positive. It's 30 degrees and the warmest stuff I own to work on the car in are a torn button down shirt and a torn pair of khakis.
The only thing I can be sure of by diagnosing it over the internet is IF it jammed against the flywheel that could burn the starter up, and IF the starter is burned up it wont work anymore regardless of whether you unjam it or not.

It just seems mighty odd that the gap was RIGHT THERE when you took the last one off. We won't be able to know if it was right there or not this time because you turned the motor...

Could be a lot of things, this is just what makes the most sense to me from rteading what you typed. Without seeing it it's hard to say anything is 100% certain.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:37 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

I'll say this. Last week when I replaced it I didn't turn the motor, I just put the new on in with the missing tooth dead center. Didn't seem to bother anything.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:48 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

It's just a shitty starter.

It happens All the time. Excahange it for a new (not remanufactured) unit.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:52 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by Donkey-Punch
It's just a shitty starter.

It happens All the time. Excahange it for a new (not remanufactured) unit.
There are no more new ones
I can get what I got (Bosch aftermarket rebuild) for $135 or I can get an MB one for dealer cost (<3 having a hook up) which is around $350, but the MB one is just a Bosch rebuild.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:54 PM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Wait a minute... why can't you get a new (reman) Bosch one under the warranty? Didn't you just buy it a few days ago?
Old 12-18-2010, 12:56 PM
ATGATT

Originally Posted by burnoutboy
Wait a minute... why can't you get a new (reman) Bosch one under the warranty? Didn't you just buy it a few days ago?
Well, the one I changed out was 6 months old, so this is the warranty replacement. Unfortunately I ordered it online, so I can't just go exchange it, I'd have to wait for the mail. I want to be 100% sure that's the problem before I do that again, so I'm prob going to Duane's. Even if this starter is bad, I'm going to just get one locally though so I don't have to deal with this again. Getting something other than Bosch...