Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

state inspection question

Old 12-10-2009, 05:50 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
csb89 has disabled reputation
Default Re: state inspection question

when i worked at merchant tire shop we never failed any one for that must be new
i worked there 3 years ago but my fog lights dont work either and i passed i will ask my
brother he works at firesonte but there should be no reason it failed i could be wrong
i always had some one i know do my inpsection i will look further into it
Old 12-10-2009, 05:51 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by csb89
when i worked at merchant tire shop we never failed any one for that must be new
i worked there 3 years ago but my fog lights dont work either and i passed i will ask my
brother he works at firesonte but there should be no reason it failed i could be wrong
i always had some one i know do my inpsection i will look further into it
I already posted needed information/legit from state police.

Don't fluster yourself into going out of your way to look lol
Old 12-11-2009, 04:56 AM
Registered member

savageskaterkid has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by SortaSUNK
They shouldn't have failed her.

As long as the wiring is removed and no bulb is present. They are considered ornamental as if you did that same to reverse lamps.
No bulb, no socket, no wiring=ornamental. Unless they've changed the law since my inspection test
Old 12-11-2009, 07:15 AM
Registered Member

trnsprtr has disabled reputation

do what i do and just take it to somebody who doesn't care one way or the other. lots of places wouldn't even look at those fog lights, they'd just give you a sticker and send it on down the road becasue they have more important things to do. have you taken it anywhere else or asked any other places?
Old 12-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by trnsprtr
do what i do and just take it to somebody who doesn't care one way or the other. lots of places wouldn't even look at those fog lights, they'd just give you a sticker and send it on down the road becasue they have more important things to do. have you taken it anywhere else or asked any other places?
Because a State Inspection isn't Important? ITS A SAFETY INSPECTION, you twat.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:58 AM
LIKE A BOSS

jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey

Originally Posted by Weldmandingo
That makes no sense cause if that's how they work then why would it fail ????
so it turns on when you turn the wheel?

the probably failed itbecause they didnt know that sort of lighting...
Old 12-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

TyperEK1997 has disabled reputation

you can remove the lense,i had the same problem with my third break light... or you can call the state police and talk to them send them some piics and info and they will give you a waver for the foglights. you would want to speak to the captin of the saftey inspection. good luck dude
Old 12-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Slammedxpert

Originally Posted by TyperEK1997
you can remove the lense,i had the same problem with my third break light... or you can call the state police and talk to them send them some piics and info and they will give you a waver for the foglights. you would want to speak to the captin of the saftey inspection. good luck dude
Wrong.

You cannot remove your third brake lamp.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Registered Member

trnsprtr has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by SortaSUNK
Because a State Inspection isn't Important? ITS A SAFETY INSPECTION, you twat.
i wasnt saying the inspection was unimportant you dumbass. i was saying the fact that the foglights or cornering lights or w/e they are dont work is unimportant to pass inspection. most places have more important shit to do than to hound you on something stupid like that. take it to the right person and they don't give a damn about foglights.

i know people like you who sit around a computer all the time just looking to twist words and make yourself look smart. well believe me your lack of intellegence won't pull the proverbial "wool over my eyes".
Old 12-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Slammedxpert

Originally Posted by trnsprtr
i wasnt saying the inspection was unimportant you dumbass. i was saying the fact that the foglights or cornering lights or w/e they are dont work is unimportant to pass inspection. most places have more important shit to do than to hound you on something stupid like that. take it to the right person and they don't give a damn about foglights.

i know people like you who sit around a computer all the time just looking to twist words and make yourself look smart. well believe me your lack of intellegence won't pull the proverbial "wool over my eyes".
Lack of intellegence? LOL.

You must be dumb.

Keep taking it to the place is passing you, knowing they can fail you. Don't be shocked when they get closed/jailtime/lose there inspectors license for doing shit illegally.

State Inspectors are pretty much Agents for the State Police.

and you.

well your just a common every day idiot.

Quick Reply: state inspection question