Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

swaying

Old 02-22-2012, 06:30 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anthonydaman has disabled reputation
Default Re: swaying

I have a built Lsvtec with hassport mounts lowered on tekico blues.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:35 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by Anthonydaman
Odyssey id half to check the bushings really didnt think to do so.
Name:  9sIT2.gif
Views: 1
Size:  1.81 MB
Old 02-22-2012, 06:35 AM
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime

You said you had a front alignment done.

Did you check the rear out? Maybe the rear toe is fucked and the rear end is fighting to stay straight.

And is that Gabriel Iglesias? Kind of looks like him.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:36 AM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0

lowering, new struts, springs/coilovers will help reduce that "squirly-ness", but civic's don't come with alot of rear suspension goodies that other cars have standard. So you need to start looking into getting the sway bar, brace, lcas, whatever you need and it'll tighten that ass end up a ton then.

200whp in a eg dx hatch with stock rear drums and just coils = deathtrap
Old 02-22-2012, 06:48 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

Have you considered BIWP?
Old 02-22-2012, 06:51 AM
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?

Originally Posted by 83Stang5.0
lowering, new struts, springs/coilovers will help reduce that "squirly-ness", but civic's don't come with alot of rear suspension goodies that other cars have standard. So you need to start looking into getting the sway bar, brace, lcas, whatever you need and it'll tighten that ass end up a ton then.

200whp in a eg dx hatch with stock rear drums and just coils = deathtrap
This. +rep.

OP, you need to buy EVERY and I mean EVERY suspension part that is available to you if you want to drive a straight line at 80+ mph in a 2500+/- lb car. Just facts. Cars move. Wind moves. Etc. Etc.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:54 AM
Reporting FS Threads

E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda

1st therw 2nd it shimmys pretty bad only started doing that after my lower balljoint broke and threw me into a ditch but i changed both lower balljoints and replaced the A frame because it was broke in half and bent really bad,changed axels and tierods and got new rim.
lol its not stock and 80 is nothing on the highway.... Bashing for no reason, Figured some adults would have some advice or the same problem but i guess the kids are on atm.....Fyi before the lower ball joint broke it was fine even at 140mph. Just saying I drive like a fucktard for no reason.
I have a pretty good feeling that the weight of the car, the hp, the build or anything of the nature has anything to do with his problem. I'm almost positive driving into a ditch at 140mph is / was still his problem.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:59 AM
Registered member

Anthonydaman has disabled reputation

I didnt go into a ditch at 140 lol I went into a ditch at like 30 mph or around that going around a turn lower balljoint broke which threw my rim into my fender lol. But yea with the wind and the weight but only reason i was asking is because it never done this before untill recent
Old 02-22-2012, 07:00 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Here I actually try to help an OP shows his ignorance even more

You wrecked the car, enough to break ball joints an after putting it all back together still have a shimmy shimmy YA in the rear end an wondering why? The car is tweaked, you can't visually inspected that with your blazed/blood shot eyes. Jacking the car up an taking a visual won't solve all your problems. Arms could be bent, bushings tore, just to name a few. Speeding is considering any MPH over the posted speed limited. There is no arguing of the fact. Doing 71 in a 70 is still considered speeding in which you've admitted already to breaking the law.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Reporting FS Threads

E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda

OP to fix your problems I would recommend you swing over to https://www.vadriven.com/forums/other-33/. There you will find a few different selections of guns. Buy the cheapest one, one bullet, and put an end to your pathetic life.

Quick Reply: swaying