Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

thinkin about getting a civic

Old 09-12-2007 | 06:52 AM
Banned

UgotOWNED is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: thinkin about getting a civic

Originally Posted by frk_concepts
yea, first you have to think about your plans for the car..
dd
autocross
weekend drag
etc..etc..
then its just a money situation..
how much money do you want to put into it...
ls/b16's are rather cheap..
gsr/type r are higher end
and sounds like k series is a def no go
but if your just looking for a decent daily driver with a little more power..
jus get you a ls longblock,b16trans and few boltons...
then later you atleast have a good platform(1.8l) and you can build that and slap a vtec head on it and go from there...
if you need any help finding parts please give me a call,
hybrid garage
thanks
mike

and 92-95 coupes chassis code is ej
thanx for the info man. ill keep you in mind when i get the car. ill probaly be getting a loan in a couple of months so i can get it and get started on one. its gonna be a daily drive tho. MAYBE a weekend warrior. lol
Old 09-12-2007 | 09:03 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

you can get the money, just pick mine up!
Old 09-12-2007 | 09:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Illegal
you can get the money, just pick mine up!
lmao!!! you need to keep your coupe man. plus its already modified. i dot want a car that already modified. lol. whats so wrong with your car that your trying to get rid of it?

editost some pics of it. i cant seem to find any more up here anymore
Old 09-12-2007 | 09:22 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

I am the original owner. I've had it since 1998, and redone the car from scratch 4 times. It's been through enough of my money, and I want to start something different.
Old 09-12-2007 | 09:28 AM
Banned

I am the original owner. I've had it since 1998, and redone the car from scratch 4 times. It's been through enough of my money, and I want to start something different.
nice man. how much you want for it?(and im not trying to get your hopes up. i doubt my bank will give me a $4k loan when i just moved and about to get hired. they look for if you make enough during the year to cover the loan.)
Old 09-12-2007 | 09:31 AM
Double Agent HT

it's up for $10,000 and i keep doing stuff to it! I just put on a front lower H-brace and rear Blox LCA's
Old 09-12-2007 | 10:09 AM
Registered Member

95vtec has disabled reputation

If i were you i would stay with the d series you can do alot of work to them for half the price of a b series so you dont break the bank. If you do that i would turbo it you can keep stock internals and have fun with it!
Old 09-12-2007 | 10:32 AM
Banned

it's up for $10,000 and i keep doing stuff to it! I just put on a front lower H-brace and rear Blox LCA's
lmao. i HIGHLY doubt ill get a loan for $10k. sorry man. id rather marvel at your car then drive it. lol

Originally Posted by 95vtec
If i were you i would stay with the d series you can do alot of work to them for half the price of a b series so you dont break the bank. If you do that i would turbo it you can keep stock internals and have fun with it!
yeah but if ima get a civic or teg id rather have the satisfaction of looking under the hood and seeing a VTEC motor. it would be a big step for me ya know?

what motors can you put a VTEC head on? is it that the D series VTEC is only swapable witht he D-series block and the B-series with the B-series blocks?
Old 09-12-2007 | 11:04 AM
On 2 now

T226 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by 95vtec
yeah and in a 94 ls hatch with only intake, header, exhaust, and suspension work

iv eaten a couple single cam turbos
Old 09-12-2007 | 11:06 AM
On 2 now

T226 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by UgotOWNED

yeah but if ima get a civic or teg id rather have the satisfaction of looking under the hood and seeing a VTEC motor. it would be a big step for me ya know?

what motors can you put a VTEC head on? is it that the D series VTEC is only swapable witht he D-series block and the B-series with the B-series blocks?
yep, and the only d-series motor thats close to the same torque as a LS is a ZC motor

but the LS motors are the most reliable

Quick Reply: thinkin about getting a civic