Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

tranny ?

Old 06-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lsvtec2go is on a distinguished road
Arrow tranny ?

ok heres the deal. i just bought this eg coupe with a ls swap in it and im driving it home and it grinds third gear a little. so b4 i leave the guys house i call him and ask him about it and he gives me this line that it a shift linkage stabalizer bushing ( or somethign like that) but he does tell me it aint the tranny going bad. so i call all the parts stores and they dont even know what it is. and arent bushings supposted to create a smooth shift not cause a grind when they are bad. even though it doesnt not to it all the time and there is no specific rpm's or anything it does it at because it happends a random times. if someone know what im talkin about then let me know. and if i got jipped by this dude for a bullshit tranny let me know cuz im gonna be one pist off dude, and someone will hear about it. thanx
Old 06-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Patron

llatidamn has disabled reputation
Default Re: tranny ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
the link above has the bushings he was talking about. im not saying this is the best place to buy them just that they are what the guy was talking about.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

lsvtec2go is on a distinguished road

any other insight
Old 06-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

3rd gear grind on an ls tranny. Thats a new one. It's a common problem. More than likely is a synchro going bad. Try changing your fluid over to the GM synchromesh and see if that helps out.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:57 AM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

Like he said, the synchro is going bad. Very very common on most honda trannies. synchromesh will help.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:37 AM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SlowLS
3rd gear grind on an ls tranny. Thats a new one. It's a common problem. More than likely is a synchro going bad. Try changing your fluid over to the GM synchromesh and see if that helps out.
synchromesh is only a temporary fix, but it does sound like you got a bad tranny. also you may want to check the fluid to make sure the dude did not put the wrong fluid in it (gear oil). gear oil's viscosity (sp?) is too thick for a honda tranny. also red line oil makes some good tranny oil that should do the same thing as the gm stuff.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:40 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

like everyone said your 3rd gear synchro is starting to go, stiff mounts arent gonna cause the tranny to grind, poor drivers will
Old 06-10-2005, 08:50 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally Posted by EEK
like everyone said your 3rd gear synchro is starting to go, stiff mounts arent gonna cause the tranny to grind, poor drivers will
basically
Old 06-10-2005, 08:53 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

I saw another thread where you were looking for a new tranny, just rebuild this one. Synchro's are easy and might as well do them all.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:09 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by Focal X
I saw another thread where you were looking for a new tranny, just rebuild this one. Synchro's are easy and might as well do them all.
a lot of ppl start to get confused when they open it up and see all the gears inside lol

Quick Reply: tranny ?