Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

tryin to do wire tuck need some help

Old 08-26-2006, 08:42 AM
turbo on 2 wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vern Vern Vern Vern Vern Vern Vern Vern Vern Vern Vern
Default Re: tryin to do wire tuck need some help

yea ok, now back to helping me out, can you tell me what i can do with them..... where to hide them if i have to have them on the car.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:34 AM
five4zero

Chugger has a spectacular aura aboutChugger has a spectacular aura aboutChugger has a spectacular aura about

id start the tuck with the headlight harnesses and work your way back. the wires along the wheel wells. After i got that buttoned up i went for the bigger stuff fuse box, battery, engine harness etc etc. Its really not that hard just tedious and time consuming plan on a few weeks worth of work if you can only work on it during the evenings like me. the engine harness is a bitch and you got to put it on take it off put it on take it off etc but the end effect is way worth it. id put the canister and black box in the fenderwell.
lates man
chris
Old 08-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Team Ultraspeed

Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Mars Blackmon
stfu. He's 0psi, bitch. you must not know what's up.
No no no!!!

You got it all wrong!!!

He's...
Old 08-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Team Ultraspeed

Damn, I knew that I'd get to use that sig on day
Old 08-28-2006, 10:52 AM
Busa Cap

Tmac85 is on a distinguished road

For all you people that want to fuck w/ other peoples thread stfu and help the man out, is it so hard to answer his questions unless you have no idea yourself how to do a wire tuck.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Banned

zimzorga is an unknown quantity at this point

i pulled those things outa my crx and it still runs just fine. was under the impression they were just for emissions, and they dont house any sensors.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:39 PM
turbo on 2 wheels

well i know that the lil black box has sensors and solinoids in it cuz i pulled the cover off, i just didnt know what they were for, this is on my 92 vx, and i have a 94 dx and it doesnt have the lil black box!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tmac85
For all you people that want to fuck w/ other peoples thread stfu and help the man out, is it so hard to answer his questions unless you have no idea yourself how to do a wire tuck.
It has nothign to do with "fucking up his thread". It has everything to do with someone not having a general knowledge of an automobile,let alone their own, trying to dive into a project that could cause major problems.

The Civic VX was a car built as an attempt for a high gas mileage commuter that was fairly earth friendly. As stated before by NYSEownsme, the components inside of the "box" can be moved if you like. The charcoal canister can actually be removed if wanted.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:40 AM
turbo on 2 wheels

Thank you for actually answering my fuckin question and not being fuckin stupid, I have general knowlodge but I guess I don't know everything like you.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:40 AM
Team Ultraspeed

Originally Posted by Vern
Thank you for actually answering my fuckin question and not being fuckin stupid, I have general knowlodge but I guess I don't know everything like you.
Dude, there are some bridges that you do not want to burn! Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean that he's being a asshole.
Scott was clearly stating that if you didn't know what you were messing with, then you might not want to mess with it.

Originally Posted by 0psi
If you don't know what those things are then you might not want to dive into trying to "tuck" the engine bay. Just a thought.
It's quite clear here that he was not being an asshole or talking down to you...BUT NO!!!! you have to fly off the handle and start "fuckin this" and "fuckin that".

So many people start projects of this level when they are clearly over their heads...just to quit because things do not work out as previously thought, or have the endless problems afterwards. He was only trying to get you to think this through before diving in blindly as "YOU" are.

You stated that you had general knowlodge, but you did not even know where or what your MAP was? Do you know how to read a service manual? Do you know what the MAP sensor is for? Did you also know that by lenghtening the vacuum lines you "could" give the ECU incorrect signals? What happens to pressure/vacuum when you increase the distance between two sources? There is a reason Honda removed the vacuum lines and placed the MAP sensor directly on the throttle body.

...but I guess you knew that!

Quick Reply: tryin to do wire tuck need some help