Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Tuning

Old 08-31-2004, 09:00 PM
Old School Beast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Tuning

I am currently using Uber v. 1.66 , but have played around with 1.7 .... Its not completely stable yet , im expexting the next revison to fix some problems , but i have had good sucess with 1.7 , but prefer 1.66 as of now. And i will be quite honest , i dont socket the ecus myself , i dont trust myself yet , but i do all the tuning. I have the romulator and the fellow i will be trying to work a deal with will be ordering the hondata software. I had my sowftware and cable stolen while it was sitting at another shop i use , after using it on only 4 tunes. I also have my own laptop so thats not a worry. If you would like , just let me know and ill shoot you my number in a pm. Thanks man.

Last edited by PoS hYbRiD; 09-01-2004 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:18 AM
Registered Member

brokedown is an unknown quantity at this point

what a/f ratio do you recomened?
Old 09-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by PaWnStAr12
what a/f ratio do you recomened?
I would like to see it around 12.0-12.5 to 1 would be nice. I talked to one of your friends , drives a yellow se-r old body style when we were taking care of somethings in the same place. Anyways , you have a VG30DE or VG30e ??? And whats your current setup and also what mods do you have done. If i remember correctly he said you were running 6 psi ???
Old 09-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

In the Works has disabled reputation

It will prob be Oct 1st before i can so let me know when you work everything out. Trying to wait till i put it on the bottle
Old 09-01-2004, 04:30 PM
Registered Member

i want to bump it up to 8psi and i have a Vq30de. and yeah your talking about mike. click on my web site below my sig

Last edited by brokedown; 09-01-2004 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Old School Beast

ok , i just checked your setup and i can tune it without a problem , is the SAFC installed yet ??? Are you looking to tune it for 8lbs or more ? and when are you looking to get this done ??? What was your a/f on your last dyno pull posted in that link ?
Old 09-01-2004, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

The a/f was 10.1 (thats crazy rich), the Cartech fmu raises my fuel pressure like a mofo. The Safc2 a/f points are all in the negative, From -7 to even -9. i now want it to be tuned for 8psi. i just added 370cc injectors (i had 230's i think) Z32 maf, a weapon r adjustable fuel pressure regulator set to 30psi at idle. The Cartech FMU is the tricky part, it has two adjustments. The rise and rate adjustment goes from 1:1 to 12:1. So every 1 psi of vacume it sees it rises the fuel pressure to what ever psi you have set it to (ex. 12:1 = 12 psi of fuel x vacume) if you show me how to fuck with that (which i know enough to blow something up) and use the LM-1 data logger shitamabob we are golden. And next week would be perfect
Old 09-02-2004, 03:21 AM
Old School Beast

well , lets just get together , take a lok at everything ... and go from there ... next week would be perfect. Not too sure about that brand of fmu , but if you put larger injectors and have a fpr , and SAFC .... you just might be able to ditch the FMU wich would be a better route becasue FMU's are crap in my opinion and we can remove it only if it is running too rich with the fmu. Larger injectors a fpr and SAFC should do the trick. We will just have to see what it does on the dyno in its current form , and then make adjustments from there.

Last edited by PoS hYbRiD; 09-02-2004 at 03:23 AM.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:50 AM
Registered Member

it will never work without the fmu people have tried and failed even with 370's
Old 09-02-2004, 10:12 AM
Old School Beast

Originally Posted by PaWnStAr12
it will never work without the fmu people have tried and failed even with 370's
ok , no problem , then ill do some research on the fmu and ill know how to adjust it when we do the tuning , no worries. Thats why i said we would have to make a pull on the dyno , with the car in its current state , ie with the fmu. Ill look into that now and let you know what i find. Glad im dealing with someone who knows more about there car than most.

Quick Reply: Tuning