Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turbo or all motor

Old 10-22-2004, 07:10 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: turbo or all motor

Originally Posted by B18aCrIx
i got ls turbo but ide rather have allmotor

first you need a paintjob and some bodywork, you should give me a shout.....

Originally Posted by Boostfed
I'll take you for a ride in my car after I get it tuned, then choose!

hahhaa, answer us this, how many days IN TOTAL has your car ran in the last 2 years?......im guessing about 42 days in total

and i am still undecided about this issue, i damn sure miss my turbo teg, i was so accustomed to the power and the boost for 2 years, and now that i built an all motor car i am becoming partial to that, i love my high compression motor, and when i come into vtec it feels pretty good, but it does lack the neck breaking 1-2-3 shift that i was previously used to........
Old 10-22-2004, 10:11 PM
still alive

gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele

do some more research. i was all about turbo hondas until i did my homework and decided the money was better spent on my 240. im going to build on the high compression, high rpm nature of my b16 and safely squeeze as much na hp out of it as i can.

if you really want to go fast with as few headaches as possible start off with a car with a factory turbo, your wallet will thank you in the long run. theres a lot of fast turbo hondas out there but they either have a butt ton of money invested in fortifying the engine/drivetrain or they are in the shop every other month getting rebuilt cause something broke or blew up. also its nice making huge turbo numbers, but getting them to the ground in a fwd setup is another story.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:21 PM
Kimchee Wiggler

Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT

hahhaa, answer us this, how many days IN TOTAL has your car ran in the last 2 years?......im guessing about 42 days in total

Ah Ricky!!!! The car was down due to things NOT MY FAULT, the sinking GE sleeves kept me down for a bit until new sleeves were done BUT keep in mind how much power I am pushing! Most aren't trying to do this! OTher than that small things like waiting for the fuel system to be done. It would have been alot less tme BUT when you get hook ups you have to WAIT!!! I have been patient with my set up. My car has been running for the past 1 month with the new fuel pump , it didn;t need to be down except I was waiting for the new pump. So it hasn't been reliability issues at all. Sunk sleeves that don't happen to everyone kept me down. Other than that not much, I could've got mahcine work done else where and had my motor done much quicker BUT it is the price you pay for hook ups!
Old 10-23-2004, 09:31 AM
registeredbeerdrinkr

mini-meturbodx is an unknown quantity at this point

dude I love turbo d-series
but I have also been through 8 motors
Old 10-23-2004, 10:28 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

this topic has been beaten into the fucking ground. it's all a matter of opinion. yes, you WILL make more power boosted. of course your powerband wont be as linear as an all motor setup so getting the power down can be very troublesome. you can run just as fast all motor as a turbo car w/ twice the power most of the time just because the turbo cars dont keep traction. either way, do what you feel you want to do more. you are going to learn/break shit either way.