Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turbo a d15

Old 04-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
robridiculous has disabled reputation
Default Re: turbo a d15

True, I don't know it all.....I've worked on bigtrucks my whole life....and I have always owned a vw...I get it, ill just go with a b series. But how am I gonna learn to do shit if I don't just do it, that's what I'm sayin. I have money to do a good amount of shit I just want to make sure I do the right shit.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:14 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by robridiculous
True, I don't know it all.....I've worked on bigtrucks my whole life....and I have always owned a vw...I get it, ill just go with a b series. But how am I gonna learn to do shit if I don't just do it, that's what I'm sayin. I have money to do a good amount of shit I just want to make sure I do the right shit.
Then sell me your running d series for $200
Old 04-01-2011, 11:19 AM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by robridiculous
Learn on a B series while doing it with less headaches.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Registered Member

Will do, thanks
Old 04-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

And when I get the motor ill sell the d15 if you want it.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Registered Member

duck has disabled reputation

I have a d15b too im bout to turbo my shit to
ride hard for the sohc turbo
Old 04-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

www.d-series.org and there are a few other ones out there that you need to just do reaserch. People are getting great numbers out of d-series these days with the proper setup and that usually will cost less than a b-series swap. Look up things like Bisimotto and the Suzuki Vitara build if you are serious about sticking to d-series. 300-450 whp out of a d-series is not uncommon these days.

Everyone thinks they know everything about hondas...

PM Rank-Z28 if you want any serious technical questions asked about boosting a d-series. Jenkinsal2 seems to know his stuff as well judging from his other posts.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

Yea I've looked at the bisimoto videos and other stuff...which is what made me want to do it. Cuz I have the money to get the proper parts I just need to know what I need and what impact the parts will. Have.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Registered Member

plumsauce has disabled reputation

my d16z6 on 8 psi keeps up with my buddies k swaps on the track, makes a little over 200 at the wheels and is tons of fun when you tell ppl its just a d
Old 04-03-2011, 06:10 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by Jenkinsal2
On a d15 you will need to replace the rods/rod bolts at the very least if you want any longevity. I would also reccomend ARP studs if you plan on running any boost. A good tune and you may be ablel to handle ~6-8PSI but you really are starting with a terrible platform. Very few people have taken a d15 over 150whp without some serious money involved...as in the only available rods as of right now for the d15 are the crower rods at around 800 dollars/set. If you have anymore questions feel free to PM me and I may be able to give some helpful advice.
i put a d16z6 on my d15b without head studs/rods/rod studs. and ran 11 pounds without issue

Quick Reply: turbo a d15