Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turbo d16

Old 10-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: turbo d16

Originally Posted by Bumper Caddy
and im on 15 pounds right now and it feels like it could hold a few more.
Do you have some sixth sense of when the engine is going to blow? Do you whisper to it and ask it how it feels?

but everyone who rides in it says around 250-280. but thats only a guesstimate
So not only are these people estimating based on their butt dyno, they're not even estimating while driving the car? I'd say that estimate is so rough that it's meaningless. LOL. Go get it put on a dyno!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by zackae415
i plan on boosting my d16 i was just wondering if anyone could help me out what will i need to do to achieve 400hp and will i have to do anything to my tranny
I think the engine side has been covered already, but about the trans.. That isn't the strongest trans, and with the shock load from a clutch that can handle that amount of power I'd be really careful with your launches. Add a little more caution if you're getting sticky tires and/or wide wheels. I think you'll want some better (aftermarket) axles too if you're actually planning on making that much power.
Oh, and an LSD so you'll be able to put power down with both wheels.

It would be a shame to make that much power and then not be able to use it because the trans is weak.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:55 PM
LIKE A BOSS

jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey

Originally Posted by jdm monkey
it feeels like 75whp to me..
hahah. we need to tune it some more
Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Do you have some sixth sense of when the engine is going to blow? Do you whisper to it and ask it how it feels?

So not only are these people estimating based on their butt dyno, they're not even estimating while driving the car? I'd say that estimate is so rough that it's meaningless. LOL. Go get it put on a dyno!
lol i need to get my buttt dyno calibrated.
one of the reasons why it's not yet dyno's is because the setup is not finalized.
turbo is not good enough, 2.5 exhaust piping etc etc.

but i wont say much.. this is super secret
Old 10-19-2009, 11:11 PM
JDM Monkey Tuning

Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy

Originally Posted by jdm monkey
lol i need to get my buttt dyno calibrated.
one of the reasons why it's not yet dyno's is because the setup is not finalized.
turbo is not good enough, 2.5 exhaust piping etc etc.

but i wont say much.. this is super secret
haha what he said and actually a couple ppl have drivin it fabrik8 :P and imma get it dynoed too once its done... im not ballin so it takes time.... alot of time. but i agree with what you say
Old 10-20-2009, 05:33 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

haha what he said and actually a couple ppl have drivin it fabrik8 :P and imma get it dynoed too once its done... im not ballin so it takes time.... alot of time. but i agree with what you say
I feel your pain...
Old 10-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Registered Member

zackae415 has disabled reputation

do the make upgrade tranny parts for a d series tho and im in the process of buying pistons, rods gaskets cams gears valves retainers springs and studs will that be good for 400whp
Old 10-20-2009, 06:44 AM
Registered Member

eclispegs2008 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Whatchu got in the bottom end nga?
lol. I agree though, for budget do vitara and eagle combo. its a great combo even if budget isnt a concern. I also have done a vitara/eagle setup, with cometic gasket, acl race bearings and hasting rings. I think there might be a link in my sig but i have a writeup on my whole build on honda tech: z6hatchboy. You can easily make a 10 sec d on that setup with a big enough turbo and other supporting mods. Mines been running great for well for around 2 years now. Started off with a .57 t4/t4 on 8 psi, went to a .63 t3/t4 on 8 psi and recently bumped the .63 up to 22 psi (on stock head bolts lol). I done some tuning on it with crome, but it will be professionally tuned by rlz soon and have a zex 59300 cam and some other things. Hoping to see around 350whp put down. Oh and when you build you need to gap your rings according to the hp you want to see.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Registered Member

zackae415 has disabled reputation

what do u mean gap my rings. this outta be fun plan on building myself the complete engine
Old 10-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by eclispegs2008
lol. I agree though, for budget do vitara and eagle combo. its a great combo even if budget isnt a concern. I also have done a vitara/eagle setup, with cometic gasket, acl race bearings and hasting rings. I think there might be a link in my sig but i have a writeup on my whole build on honda tech: z6hatchboy. You can easily make a 10 sec d on that setup with a big enough turbo and other supporting mods. Mines been running great for well for around 2 years now. Started off with a .57 t4/t4 on 8 psi, went to a .63 t3/t4 on 8 psi and recently bumped the .63 up to 22 psi (on stock head bolts lol). I done some tuning on it with crome, but it will be professionally tuned by rlz soon and have a zex 59300 cam and some other things. Hoping to see around 350whp put down. Oh and when you build you need to gap your rings according to the hp you want to see.
I'm not lookin for a 10 sec car... I'm settin my car up for twisties... Right now I'd like to finish gettin everything right w/ the motor as it sets before I start tryin to throw more boost at it... I still need to get the right ECU, s300, wideband, FPR and some other odds and ends to make it right... Fuck this FMU and missing link garbage...

So, like I was saying, I'd be happy w/ a 300hp hatch setup for twisties...
Old 10-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

eclispegs2008 has disabled reputation

Even with what youve said and going for twisties, what i said still pertains. Just dont run as big of a turbo lol. For the ecu, yeah hondata is cool and if you have the that kind of money, or you can chip you own ecu for $20 and have it tuned on a crome program at rlz for around 300 i believe, which is just as good in my opinion. I got my whole rebuild kit with head gasket (i think, on the head gasket part) from someone on ebay for like 750 or 850. It was a bad price at all.